"0 plots were eligible for farming" [solved]

grep proofs ~/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log* outputs: 0 plots were eligible for farming. I don’t think that’s right is it?

That is fine as long as the rest of the line looks right. That just means that none of your plots passed the filter for that specific search. You will see a ton of those. Especially if you have a small number of plots.

1 Like

Ah okay. Just searched for “1 plot” and there were a few there after all. Thanks a lot.

If you want to stream these so you can watch, use one of the following.

For Windows in Powershell
Get-Content "~/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log" -Wait | select-string -pattern "plots were eligible" -encoding ASCII

For Linux in Terminal
tail -f /root/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log | grep --line-buffered "plots were eligible"

When you are done watching, hit CTRL + C to stop the stream

3 Likes

2 questions about these log entries:

• What does the “Time:” refer to?
  • What does the identifier after “plots were eligible for farming” refer to and why does it come in streaks?

The time is what you need to keep a close eye on. Normally this should be less than a second. You have 30 seconds to respond. If you are over 30 seconds, you missed your chance to claim a reward on that search. I recommend chiadog to keep an eye on this for you.

I think that is the id of the block being currently farmed. But I am not 100% on that.

So these are looking good then? Or would I need something else besides “Found 0 proofs.” to rest assured?