$13000 Chia Rig on eBay

Just found a $14000 Chia Rig on eBay:

It’s mainly 18 TB Toshiba HDDs according to the seller. Assuming it were only 18 TB HDDs, the 700 TB translates to 38,88888888888889 drives. Given the Toshiba drives are usually on sale for like $250 / 250 Euro, the HDDs alone are worth $9722 / 9722 Euro. Calculating with $300 / 300 Euro per HDD, the value of the HDDs is $11666 / 11666 Euro. Not the worst price. :slight_smile:

Who will buy it? :smiley:

still that means you are buying 700 TB farm + 2 plotters for something like 20% less than the price it costs new: not exactly a steal, but can’t fault the seller for trying. I’m sure many of them will be open to a realistic offer

3 Likes

18TB Toshiba new costs 270-300 CHF/$/€ 40x HDD = 11-12k

used server SuperMicro 200$, 2x HBA + 2x expanders 400$ …600-1000$

~6000 plots takes about 100+ days to plot with overall costs ~500$ on 3000-5000$ plotting rig

100h * 30$ to get it running, and make it stable = 3000$

some beer money, and you are at 18k+ :wink: For some clueless kid with lots of money/free energy from mom, that wants to earn 150€/month it is gold mine :smiley:

1 Like

Well, it was a tick more profitable when listed, but absolutely. If there are any NEETs out there that don’t like working, coins/mining (farming) was enough to buy a new pair of sweatpants, some Cheetos, and a couple games on Steam. It’s a little tougher now but if mom’s paying the power bill…

That is literally the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard anyone say

Why wouldn’t they just simply ask for the money

No way in hell a parent wouldn’t start asking questions

Lol? Its my farm. Someone want to buy?

I also accept Crypto.

I just wanted to post it here today :rofl:

If someone is really interested i can give more information

Best regards

1 Like

Price updated :slightly_smiling_face:

Write me for Details :slight_smile:

Push push push push price update

In your opinion, what is a fair price for this farm? i got an offer but dont want to sell it under value

1 Like

The price is very good. You also have good reviews on ebay so that’s nice. I would say, don’t change the price (or even increase it a bit) and wait a buyer to come around. Unless you need the cash right now.

I’m more curious about your reasons for selling, could you expand on that ?

It’s really hard to say. Chia farmers are looking for cheap mostly. I also don’t think I would sell it as one big package, bit of a hard sell. And the stuff like the plotting hardware and cases is popular stuff you can sell to anyone, not just to other Chia farmers.

Also I don’t think the description is all that clear .
“Mostly 18TB Toshiba” How many, and which type? I also see a bunch of external USB drives in the photo’s?

For price, I would start by looking at what new currently costs.
Right now, I can buy Toshiba 18TB enterprise drives (MG09) for 270,- Euro a piece. That is just the current online retail price here in Holland, not special deal or anything.
So If I buy 39 of those I have 702 TB, costing 10.530 Euro, which is brand new with full warranty.