21Chia pool launch

Concerns about new pool start-ups and Chia Pool Testnet

Chia Pools

Aspy68

1m

We now have at least two new Chia pool start-ups in the Chia Forums.

Neither has corporate information, a known physical address, a miner agreement, a privacy policy, a near complete website, or any other information needed to establish trust.

Both push the fact that they are members of Chia Pool Testnet as their basis for trust.

Being granted permission to participate in the testnet is specifically NOT an endorsement by Chia.

I am very concerned that we have peeps pushing their new pools when they refuse to provide essential information and do not have the web infrastructure (website info, tech support, agreements, etc.) to get started, let alone maintain a pool.

These new pools may be real … but they may be complete scams. We have no information on them except that they are members of Chia Pool Testnet.

I would recommend that you join a pool as if you were putting your hard earned cash into a stock.
You would never buy a stock without knowing company details and fundamentals.

You should never get into a pool that refuses to give you any details about its organization.

I wish that Chia would Vet and provide the relevant information on all they allow to join testnet.

What do you think?