21Chia pool launch

If you are using testpool.21chia.com in your NFT, you now need to use https://testpool.21chia.com (or http), they’ve changed the code and it needs to be a fully valid url, so please delete your plot nft in this case.

We’ll send a newsletter shortly with some exciting news… and the long overdue website rehash is coming too. We’re just too busy with the pool software at the moment!

Thanks for keep us updated. I just hope that the blockchain software which can be used to create portable plots will be released before the pool goes online.

1 Like

Well, technically the nfts can be created already and you can plot right now (we’re doing it on testnet).
But the smart contracts will most probably change still, and in that case your plots wouldn’t be ‘portable’ anymore (your plots point to your old contract forever, and pools with the new contract won’t accept it).

So far we’ve been able to create the nfts, farm to them, claim pool rewards… what’s still missing is the ability to switch pools, and that’s why the contract will probably change: if/when the Chia devs find some bug or improvement on that.

So, to sum up ,the plotting software will certainly be available when we launch.

Your website is only a homepage.

You have no corporate information, physical address, or links here or on your page. You have no miner agreement, privacy policy, or any other information required to establish trust.

You appear to have put together your web page in a couple of hours. What else have you not had time to complete?

I would recommend peeps be very wary of joining your pool until you have done your due diligence.

If nothing else, you have launched your pool prematurely.

1 Like

We’re working on what matters, solid pool software, like several other pool operators are doing right now. You’ll thank us later when the pool stays up and pays out. That said, we want to update our website before this weekend, and we also have an announcement to make pretty soon about a related service.
I understand your concerns. hopefully we’ll be able to dispel most of your doubts soon.

What matters is trust.

You ask for faith and for us to believe that you have time to work on, “solid pool software” when you have no time to post a proper website, your corporate information, physical address, miner agreement, privacy policy, or any other information required to establish trust.

Again, I would recommend peeps be very wary of joining your pool until you have done your due diligence.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. You’re free to try the pool when it opens. In the meantime, we’ll be updating our website and keep working on the pool.

We have sent out a newsletter today, outlining the current status on pool development and more:
http://eepurl.com/hAZj4D

Your news letter tells us that you are one of the many who have been granted permission to use Chia pool testnet.

You have still not provided a proper website, your corporate information, physical address, miner agreement, privacy policy, or any other information required to establish trust.

Again, I would recommend peeps be very wary of joining your pool until you have done your due diligence.

1 Like

Thank you, you’ve made your point several times over now. I don’t think you need to repeat yourself anymore.

Until you provide your corporate information, physical address, miner agreement, privacy policy, etc I will continue to raise my concerns.
The more you try to bury my concerns the more you convince my that you are a scam, not just a bad start-up.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you. We take your concerns seriously.

Concerns about new pool start-ups and Chia Pool Testnet

Chia Pools

Aspy68

1m

We now have at least two new Chia pool start-ups in the Chia Forums.

Neither has corporate information, a known physical address, a miner agreement, a privacy policy, a near complete website, or any other information needed to establish trust.

Both push the fact that they are members of Chia Pool Testnet as their basis for trust.

Being granted permission to participate in the testnet is specifically NOT an endorsement by Chia.

I am very concerned that we have peeps pushing their new pools when they refuse to provide essential information and do not have the web infrastructure (website info, tech support, agreements, etc.) to get started, let alone maintain a pool.

These new pools may be real … but they may be complete scams. We have no information on them except that they are members of Chia Pool Testnet.

I would recommend that you join a pool as if you were putting your hard earned cash into a stock.
You would never buy a stock without knowing company details and fundamentals.

You should never get into a pool that refuses to give you any details about its organization.

I wish that Chia would Vet and provide the relevant information on all they allow to join testnet.

What do you think?

The “Chia Pool Testnet” is not like a secret members only club or anything. The Chia network has one or multiple testnets always active and pool operators are carrying out their tests there, that’s all there is to it. I don’t think any pool is claiming there’s any endorsement from Chia.net

I know the community is wary of scams and shady pools but most of us are setting up pools based on the official pooled mining design, which will solve the current issues with hpool and others.

Ultimately, the only way you’ll see if a pool is legitimate is seeing people receive their deserved payouts regularly. No amount of anything else can trump that. Any pool who tries to scam people will die pretty quickly once proper pooled mining is ready.

I do not enjoy being your pain in the butt. You are polite and agreeable, and I would like to believe that you are on the up and up. Unfortunately, your polite replies do not contain basics like even a miner agreement.

Please do your due diligence before hoping to establish trust.

Everything takes time, things aren’t built in a minute.
Always good to do your DD, but can’t expect miracles.

After discussion in another thread and further research I will stop warning against 21Chia.

Out of the new pool start-ups, only 21chia is waiting for the official launch and tells you anything about their team or financing. Kudos to 21Chia. I hope they get their website completed soon.

I have learned that joining any pool that is launched after, and is using, Chia official pool protocol is reasonably safe.

I will be joining a pool after official pool is launched. I will probably wait at least a couple of weeks and make my judgment as to where to pool at that time.

Good judgement and luck to all! :grinning:

2 Likes

just wondering can you tell me which chiapool have provided your corporate information, physical address, miner agreement, privacy policy, etc. I would like to know too.?

I believe 21Chia has or will have everything in place by launch.

My largest concern is start-ups trying to gather clients before official pooling is even released.

Elsewhere, I am arguing for a non Chia start-up that is very thin, but there I feel the risk of fraud is low. You have to judge your risks carefully before pooling and make your own decision.

1 Like

We’re currently running a survey to find out what farmers want most, feel free to participate: 21Chia Pool Survey