Abuse google accounts for storge

To put it more simply for you

The storage cost ALONE for Google for 100TiB is 2355$ monthly. For that you would get $38.38 monthly.

Idk you do the math on that one lmao.

This is excluding the network costs to actually get the data from said storage.

Viability?

Donā€™t feed the troll plzā€¦ .

1 Like

Thereā€™s ways to subvert google. With a business account for unlimited storageā€¦ Like I said.

Google it

Ur a troll,
Basicly just internet harassment at this point.

why not say something meaningful with ur little box.
Stand for your self.
Test something.
Stop just following the crowd.

You donā€™t know the bottom from wich I come.
Iā€™m OOOG

Thatā€™s Tripple oG. For the Laymen

Before harvesters were even a thing.
My old account is banned.
Or rather they donā€™t let me post from it anymore.

Everything I say is valid. Trust.
Please donā€™t make me pull your card.

2 words, " fine print "

What troll?999999999

Unless they patched it like of three months ago. There was an uncapped tier with a certain home business plan. Thereā€™s a trick tho Iā€™ll link video how to do it.

So, letā€™s assume that all is good.

That $12 monthly fee covers around 20 drives when electricity is at $0.1 (say 400 TB max). Why donā€™t you plot 10-20 TB worth of plots and dump it there, do your magic on your harvester box, and use FlexFarmer to test (reason is that they have the lowest difficulty level, thus found proofs of work will happen often).

The purpose of this test would be to see how long it takes to parse one plot to find a proof. An issue that I could see is that you may need to download the whole plot, what would potentially kill proof lookup times.

If provided API let the harvester seek within the plot without downloading it that will most likely resolve technical side.

My take is that when one dumps small files to GDrive (e.g., photos, docs, ā€¦) those may sit on an active storage device. On the other hand, when the files are big (e.g., videos, backups), Google migrates those to slow / inexpensive storage, further slowing down access.

On the contract side, in case Google will disallow such usage, we have to assume that they will just kill those plots. If that happens, we can also assume that they will put some monitoring in place that will look for such traffic patterns, thus closing this option.

I guess, we all would be waiting for your report.

I was talking about fine print.
So have you read the tos etc?
Does it not have a get out clause?
Does it not forbid crypto?

On way to work, cant watch vid now, and did they even look at those things?

I pay $12/month and I have an unlimited Google Drive planā€¦ Just need a domain to set it up. Also, no need to download plots. You could just mount them with a tool like rclone. Iā€™ve never tried this setup. May cause issues with lookup times. I personally donā€™t use my Gdrive for farming. I just keep my isos on mine as one form of backup. Pushing like 15 or 20 TB right now though and not a word from Googleā€¦

1 Like

Thats really not a lot, and its not farming so wouldnt raise alarms due to constant access.
And even if it were farming, rewards wouldnt cover the cost of the plan.

2 Likes

Yeah. I know itā€™s not a lot in terms of Chia. I run a 900 TiB farm. I understand what Iā€™m talking about. Just thought Iā€™d share my case with Google Drive. As I said, I donā€™t use mine for farming. Itā€™s strictly a cold backup for my files.

2 Likes

But youā€™re not requesting that data every 30 seconds are you? Thatā€™s the difference.

If youā€™re storage is hosted online and you want to get itā€™s data, you need to request it no matter which way you think youā€™re accessing it.

Fundamentally, youā€™re going to make a network request for your data, and theyā€™ll limit you in that.

Thatā€™s what these other guys donā€™t get. The storage be hot, and that be costly

1 Like

Donā€™t waste your time with that guy, he is a troll, look at his posts history

2 Likes

LTT did a video on using Gsuite and the unlimited storage plan to back up their servers. I know this isnā€™t Chia specific, and the video is 4 years old, but the conclusions are relatively the same. Basically, Linus said that heā€™d have to throttle his combined connection speeds (to Google) and limit his daily uploads or risk being caught and banned. The conclusion was that Google Drive cannot be used in place of an offsite storage server or dedicated plan through a company who provides cloud storage.

3 Likes

Ur the man. Gettummmmm

All u do is boop around and call people trolls.

Some people are just people.

Sorry that anyone different from yourself offends u.

Ignorant.

I have abused google storage for chia in past, and it no point after some time they now close/ban accounts also the team drive are now limited and they get deleted for no reason
Maybe in past pirates abused it as google used unlimited storage to promote service and take 95%+ market share but now its over, they have strict policy

1 Like

Are you illiterate?

He said he doesnā€™t use it for farming, with good fucking reason, it wouldnā€™t work.