Advices before upgrading from 1.2.11 to 1.3.3

Hi all,

I would like to have some advices before upgrading from 1.2.11 to 1.3.3. Since the announcement of the new version of chia and their db, I read many users had problems during the upgrading. It is not clear for me what the steps I have to follow to do a successful upgrade.
Do I just have to install the new version 1.3.3 and it will do all the necessary things to upgrade? What steps I have to follow? Does someone has a step by step guide for the upgrade?

Thanks for your help

I just installed 1.3.3 over .2.11 once that’s done I followed these instructions to update the db to v2.
Nice and simple, no issues, and very happy with the new version.
I did it on my main node while still farming, its an older processor and all was still done in under 12 hrs, can’t be sure of exact time, was just completed when I woke up.

Gave a restart and it needed to sync from the point I started the db upgrade, didn’t take long.

After just check your payout addresses and pooling instructions on any nft’s you use, some have reported changes and nft’s pointing to pools they didn’t select.

2 Likes

Yes so basically just install 1.3.3 (I’m assuming you are on windows and running with GUI?)

See if everything works after the install.

Then go to: ~\chia-blockchain\app-1.2.12269\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon

and run chia db upgrade in cmd (or .\chia db upgrade in powershell)

when the db upgrade is done, restart the GUI and have a look in the config is all points to the new V2 databases. Check payout addresses and pool NFT settings.

in my case nothing went wrong and process was smooth, but others have reported problems. But nothing you can do to prevent those really, more a matter of luck I think.

Typo,Did I type that for you last night after some brews :relaxed:

Then go to: ~\chia-blockchain\app-1.3.3\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon

and run chia db upgrade in cmd (or .\chia db upgrade in powershell)

One other thing, maybe check your peer count afterwards, mine changed from 80 to 8, but that was maybe me screwing the install and and now letting it through the firewall.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks all for your suggestions. I am going to do the upgrade. Hope everything will be fine. Crossing my fingers :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Upgrading to 1.3.3 and DB v2. Until now, everything is ok guys. Waiting for the DB upgrade completion to restart the GUI after.

chia-version

2 Likes

Thats the way!!! And it even works…

1 Like

Great!!! Upgrade from 1.2.11 to 1.3.3 and to DB v2 went well without issues.
I am happy :slight_smile:

@Bones, after restarting and synced, these are the peers I have: 8.Is there a problem with that number?

1 Like

8 is just fine as long as everyone appears correct.
Not gonna help u win blocks to increase number of connections.would only serve to only hurt your farm.