AedgeCoin is a chiafork with a focus on algotrading

Fantastic! Yes the upcoming update will be a major one! By the way, the whitepaper has been silently and extensively refreshed, and will be made known in the announcement as well. Worth a re-read!

Tell one tell all! AedgeDesk Early Prototype has been released! Please read our announcement and walk-through for more details.

I took a look at this and it all seems very interesting, but Iā€™m still not sure I understand overall. Is this going to be a crypto trading bot like cryptohopper.com? Thatā€™s cool if so, but how does that relate to the blockchain and Chiaā€™s features? Apologies if Iā€™m still not RTFM enough but Iā€™m a layman when it comes to reading trading chartsā€¦

It is something like that. Our whitepaper goes into detail about how it works.

So AedgeDesk is an off-chain automated trading platform that uses AEC as a utility currency and the blockchain for payments, as well as for staking/holding to unlock features or discounts when using AedgeDesk. This is kind of like BNB for Binance trading.

Where it really starts to take advantage of blockchain technology and Chia features is when AedgeDesk is integrated with AedgeSwap, our proposed solution for decentralized exchange with synthetic tokens that track their real world counterparts.

While AedgeDesk will support the most popular exchanges, if users choose to deploy their trading strategies on AedgeSwap, the integration will allow us to support heavily discounted AedgeDesk fees, or potentially even free, and solely derive revenue from AedgeSwap trading fees. Compared to other trading bot providers which have their own bot fees + exchange fees that can completely erode any alpha a strategy might have, we believe this integration will be very attractive and competitive. As a point of reference, Kucoin exchange operates their own trading bot platform with an additional handling fee of 0.08% on top of their regular trading fees of 0.10%.

We are getting that there is quite a bit of confusion over what AedgeCoin is trying to do, and itā€™s something we will improve as we go along. Weā€™ve come a long way since our mainnet launch a month ago! We are not just a DEX project, and weā€™re not just an algotrading project either. We are both, a bit more, a bit different and the combination of the two is really the force multiplier/our secret weapon. We hope that the above summarizes the ā€œWhyā€ of it. We will probably be doing some writeups describing the business model soon to further hone in our key strengths and advantages compared to other chiafork projects and similar projects in other blockchains.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the quick summary - makes a lot more sense now! So to make sure I understand: I actually do use cryptohopper.com right now for some of my trading at Coinbase, but Iā€™ve been thinking lately that maybe it isnā€™t worth the $100/month. Once Aedge is fully launched, I could switch both my algo trading AND my exchange over to Aedge if I wanted to do it all in one place. Iā€™d pay lower fees than Coinbase for the trading by using AEC instead of USD. OR I could just connect Aedgeā€™s algo trading to my existing Coinbase account to trade.

Am I on the right track? Sounds pretty cool!

1 Like

Yes, youā€™re spot on! Actually you raising the $100/month fee is one of the pain points we identified in algotrading since it forces a high minimum starting capital for the subscription to be viable and payable regardless of how often you use it, even if you switch it off during a volatile week.

For example, if you consider $1200 annually for using cryptohopper.com and assume it as the 2% annual management fee for a hedge fund, the assets under management for the fund is $60000. So though not an exact comparison, if you are trading with a capital less than $60000, it kind of means you are paying more than an accredited investor, excluding the profit fees.

2 Likes

Yep this is exactly the calculation that had been running through my mind lol. Very cool, looking forward to implementation!

2 Likes