Announcing Flexpool's FlexFarmer Open Beta: The Future of Chia Farming (Windows, Linux, Hive OS, Pi Chia Farmer)

Any chance you’ll all incorporate merge mining?
That would really help persuade ppl to use one pool over another.

Whats that? Never heard of it.

Just like when you mine bitcoin, you could also mine namecoin, and can currently mine doge.

Basically supporting mining the alts at the same time as mining xch.

You need different hardware to mine those coins. You could gpu mine on the same computer as your chia farmer provided you have a gpu.

I’m talking about mining xch alts, so def no extra hardware needed.
Just software developed.

I referenced btc, as for years while mining btc, you could also mine namecoin ( possibly still can ) , currently doge can get mined alongside btc ( or so I’ve been told ) I’ve not mined btc in many years.

Edit.
My bad, doge is currently merge mined with litecoin.

It’ll be up to the altcoins to add in NFT pool plot support.

I get that, but if there are pools willing to support them they would be keener I’m sure.

Just saying, I’d be tempted to pool if that was on the table, and I’m sure I’m not alone.

Warning:
If you are running the fork miner Flax, you do get double mining warnings.
So, if you are running multiple fork miners, maybe this is not a good idea.

I’m currently running Flax, ignoring the warning. If it persists, I will shift back to GUI.

Update
Nope, even after a full restart, and nothing else running, you do still get these warnings (accusations?). So, consider it in beta stage.

What are the risks associated with sharing the farmer private key? What would that theoretically allow an attacker to do and what are you doing to prevent it?

It could be used to redirect block rewards you find on our pool. Which is the same risk you face farming to a pool in general (that we make steal the rewards)

If I understand correctly, only the 0.25 part of the block reward is at risk of being directly stolen from a farmer with the farmer private key - correct? You would need the wallet to change the (plot’s) NFT’s reward adress?

I believe so but it would be best to ask Alex our lead developer for the specifics as I’m not a technical person. We need the plot key to sign blocks which is why we ask for it.

1 Like

OK, so I have tried searching chat and I can’t see a solution. I have tried 2 different windows PCs. I extracted the the farmer secret key and setup the config.yml. But no matter how long I wait between tries, I always end up with “Wrong farmer public key” … any ideas what I am doing wrong?

[2021-08-13 13:22:07] WARN plots: Wrong farmer public key. Please run another FlexFarmer instance if this is intentional have=0xaf…ba6f path=Y:\plot-k32-2021-07-06-09-58-3a7bxxxxxx.plot want=0x91…254e

Try the green flexfarmer button (please note that this is not meant for public use and is not finished yet) Get Started | Flexpool.io

1 Like

I’m on Windows… I don’t see a green button?

And yes, I know it isn’t done yet. With everyone on Windows that is using it, I figured I screwed something up… LOL

use this.

You know, I feel dumb. I haven’t been to the flexpool.io home page in ages because I have my stats page bookmarked. I was clicking around and found the green button… Thanks!

1 Like

We actually have invested in several ventures recently, with a big announcement coming in the next week or so about this program and the details around it (and no the money is not coming from the pre-farm directly but our own funds).

We’ve also looked into Flexpool’s projects as well, but at the current time based on our initial research into what they are doing vs the costs they have outlined to do it, we have opted to not move forward for the time being. (But we’re keeping an eye on their work as it continues, just in case!)

As to FlexFarmer… grats on the main release. I know this project has been a huge undertaking for you guys and a lot of serious work and effort by Alex and others has gone into this, and regardless of our difference of opinions about certain functions it does (which I won’t be rude and dive into on your own thread), at the end of the day the work is indeed commendable.

Thanks! Happy to take your money. We’re also happy to support Chia to some extent just we have to balance that with paying the staff.

1 Like

Ok, let’s see how short I can make this…

Used the python script to get the secret key… put it into FlexFarmer and it won’t work. Chris shows me the link on the website to get the key… put in words, get a different secret key… won’t work…

Decided to make a brand new wallet, wait hours for it to sync, create a new plot with the new contract + wallet. Decode new secret key via python AND the web… they match??? … edit config.yml and launch FlexFarmer… BAM! it works…

So… how???

Does this mean I will have to replot 90TB of plots to use FF? Or is there a decoding problem?