Anyone with Newsys NDS4600 60 bay JBOD?

Anyone have one of these and know how to set it up, I’m not sure how to go about configuring the I/O configuration. I’ve got 2 of them and on both I only see half the drives and the manuals I’ve been able to find online shown how to setup and install the hardware and the different I/O configs that are possible but not how to actually change them.

Sorry a newb here when it comes to server level haradware, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Not sure but I believe those still super expensive refurb ones ($2000~$3500+) are only 4TB max per bay , so any drive bigger than 4TB might not be seen …

Processing: ib4860-chassis-manual.pdf…
ib4860-chassis-manual.pdf (penguincomputing.com)

Check this out

Good news is it’s already recognizing at least 8TB drives so 4TB isn’t the barrier currently.

Drhicom I had that manual as well, it describes how the I/O configurations work, but it doesn’t seem to indicate how to set them up….unless I’m completely blind lol.

I’m in FL and where are you, since you have two units :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Lol, not too close in Indiana. I don’t have much server grade experience so hoping it’s something super simple as I would love to get one of theses loaded and online with the drives I have populated with plots already.

Just a question, who did you get these from and could they give you some insight maybe???

Unfortunately it was from EBay and the vendor doesn’t seem to be overly familiar with these to provide support. Trying a few other vendors that have them on eBay as well but hard to find anyone willing to answer questions. May have to by another if I find someone that actually knows how to set them up lol.