At a cross roads... Should I ditch Chia farming?

We must all out. Chia inc must pay for our losses. I should never have started. My psyche is broken. Upset.

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you all for your input, from those suggesting I stick with the project long term, to those saying go with your gut instinct. Also the funny stories of that person looking for his hard drives in a landfill.

So here’s what I decided…

Based on huge electricity costs here in the UK and the fact my Chia Time to win (based on my little fish 100TB storage) is 3 months and i’ve been mining for over several months without a single win via Space Pool, here’s what i’m doing. Again, I looked at all the options available and all your feedback.

As the price is low, I purchased a couple of Chia coins (that should cover the fictitious chances of winning a one every 3 months).
Someone local to be contacted me and has loaned my disks to add to their existing setup and farm with my plots.
I can then park the OS disk and replace with another and add a load of other 8TB disks i previously had to work on this new project. If this don’t work out, or the price of XCH jumps back up to an acceptable level, then I have the option of jumping back on board. In the meantime, this new project with the high spec PC I have should provide a much better passive income vs energy costs…

I’m not abandoning CHIA, but right now the returns are pi$$ poor, Chia as a project provides no incentive and there just isn’t enough from the drab project team heading this project. Realistically, you’re looking at a huge energy cost for an unlikely chance of winning a token worth £67 after 3 months and that’s only if you win, while whales keep adding to their storage and Pools like Space Pool are shafting you with fees on the peanuts they pay you.

Again, thanks again guys, always count on your feedback, will keep popping in to the Chia World, but right now the hardware is better tested on other stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How close is the guy next door power outlet? :rofl: :rofl: