Based on my plotting rig, is 52tb enough storage space for farming?

Hello people, I’m trying to start my first chia plotting/farming, I have a Intel p4610 16tb u2 for plotting, ryzen 7 3700x, 32 GB DDR 4, 3x8tb internal drives+2x14tb external drives, (52Tb total), I can do 4 plotting in parallel, as I read the average time per plotting is 8 hours, so I can farm around 12 plots /day, this mean I can have a total of 526 plots on 52tb, I will have anogh space to farm for around 50 days right? Can someone tell me if I should buy more space? I don’t really understand the process, ex: can I delete the plots after the farming is done, or do I have to keep them for an amount a time? If not I could just delete the farmed plotts so I can have space for new ones. Please help. Thank you for your time

NO you definitely should NOT delete completed plots.

The plots you create are like lottery tickets that award you a chance to win a block with Chia.
If you delete them, you are no longer playing and cannot earn.

The plots basically stay good for ever, so just need to add storage space if you want to add more plots.

2 Likes

So the ideea is, the more plotts I have stored the more chances I have to vin chia… So I can still farming for chia even after I run out of space for new plotts by farming the owned ones. I tought once you farm a plott, the step two is to farm it than is useless, and I can delete it. Thank you so much for your help!!!

Each plot is like a giant Excel spreadsheet with many many lottery numbers. If you win one number, there are still many other numbers. So keep your plots :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for your quick answers guys. :wink:

1 Like