Beginner plotting on old Macbook Air 2015, utilising MadMax, looking to optimise

Hi All,

Beginner farmer here. Long term lurker, first time post. Firstly would like to say a big thank you to everyone on sharing advice. Has been an exceptional space to progress my basic knowledge and get some ideas.

I have started with a basic rig thrown together (details below) using an old Macbook Air 2015, Sandisk SSD and Seagate expansion drive and have managed to utilise MadMax plotter to achieve an average plotting speed of 37800 seconds (10.5 hours/plot) so can work to around 2.4 plots/day.

Model: Air (13-inch, Early 2015) Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Temp Drive: Sandisk 1TB E30 Portable
SSD Final Drive: Seagate 6TB Expansion Desktop

In terms of command input I utilise the following:

./build/chia_plot -n 1 -r 4 -u 128 -t /Volumes/PortableSSD/ -d /Volumes/SeagateFarm1/

Was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions on how I could increase output with current components or optimise further to get a bit more out of an old machine?

Many thanks in advance!

Are you still using your air to plot? I’m kinda interested in doing the same. Thanks :slight_smile: