Big Brother --- Google

Sounds like Google crushed your business. Otherwise why so bitter? Too many angles to Google to say bad. Some bad yes, but who is perfect?

Yes, G interfered with my or my colleagues business, actually quite a bit. Although, that is how startups work, so I am not really concerned or bitter about it.

What I am trying to say is that you can sleep safely in your house despite crooks being out there, as we have laws, and law enforcements for “traditional” things. On the other hand, those companies are writing our laws (in US), so that there is no enforcement, or basically no laws.

We all depend on Internet as much as on electricity, so saying that someone needs to just “cut the wire” is not really a viable option. That means that when you need to do your online banking or online chat with your doctor, you should be assured that those connections are secure, not that your next employer will pass you over because what was captured in those connections (as it is (used to be?) for traditional land-lines). On the other hand, if someone wants to use G Maps, etc., it is perfectly OK to capture whatever interaction you have with such service.

Again, just look at the examples I gave above. Cracking/lifting WiFi passwords is not something that I would call a standard operation. Selling targeted info for those that are vulnerable, is also not a standard operation. Having Samsung TV continue recording all conversations after you turn off your TV is not a standard operation. Saying that something applies to you and me, but not to “them” as Schmidt stated is also not a standard operation. And we can go on. There are no easy switches to turn those things off. There are no easy solutions for those that have difficulties with high-tech (e.g., elderly).

Again, it is not about Google at all, and not abut being bitter.

Hope we can close this exchange.

1 Like