Bram Cohen predictions

It’s ok, what goes around comes around. Right now all the western pools are getting hit with their own native home-grown scammers. HPOOL sovled the problem by closing new accounts.

IMHO HPOOL already has all the ‘good HDD miners’, its only the scammers that are ‘homeless’, so they can only go to the new USA pools; Good Riddens.

Watch what happens to these new pools when they lose millions of USD on paying out fake-plots; See how long they survive at their scale; HPOOL survived because they were early miners and had tons of XCH on reserve. These new pools have NO reserves.

You know the statements of the guy are biased because if people believe in this stuff, he makes more $$$?

330 TB * 1.96 = $646 USD / month that’s 3 xch

330TB is $10K of HDD’s at today price of $30/TB

Tell us more about your winning.

https://www.chiaexplorer.com/charts/usdTib

U know when XCH hits $50 you will win $1/day per 100TB; Get ready for some big partys with all your money.

U can’t beat math, it is what it is; The payout on 330TB is consistent for all players.

Lot’s posters here like to say “I won with 10 plots”, yep the odd’s are like 0.00000000000000000001%, or 30 million trillion to ten; Winning story’s are a planted scam, every unverified win is a myth.

What about the 100’s of thousands of ppl who spent $3k on HDD and won nothing? Why so silent?

I would say no specific country or ethnicity is more likely to be a scammer. HPool, Corepool, Foxy, and others created a pool solution that is imperfect because Chia wasn’t made with pools in mind. Some people saw an opportunity to game their pool system because it has loopholes. Every OG pool has cheaters and I would say Foxy/HPool have done a decent job trying to stop cheating but it still happens and it happens in large amounts.

Chia has now released an enforced contract on the chain that allows for farmers to pool 7/8ths of what they make. This means not 100% is pooled. Pools that support this contract are relatively new and farmers are slowly plotting the new pool plots and moving away from the old pools. As they move away from the old pools, these old pools will have more cheaters proportionally resulting in lower rewards and thus move people incentivized to move away. HPool knows this too which is why they were working on a new pool plot pool along with the rest of us that they just released.

It is the opinion of a few developers that the python reference pool client cannot handle even a fraction of the farmers should they choose to move over to the new pools. Some pools will have the skills to improve on the reference client or make their own. Others will close down, crash, or limit their max farmers.

The West and the East will have pools and people from the West will mine on Asian pools and vice-versa. That being said, I hope we can all support Chia. We all live on Earth and Farm Chia until the secret Tesla space base installs its own farming rig.

PS: Flexpool #1!

I promise you I didn’t spend $10k on drives, and didn’t spend $30/TB for any of them.

330 TB * 1.96 = $646 USD / month that’s 3 xch

Yes, so you’ve shown that’s more than a win each month, matches closely with my estimate. I’m getting wins, and at current price I’ll be profitable in about a year.

Not sure what you’re angle even is here…

Yep, a whopping less than 1% have already signed on to the new PP-Mining plots offered by HPOOL;

Why in the world would HPOOL’s whales who have warehouses of millions of USD of hdd’s already formatted and plotted, change anything? I surely will not re-plot, if your prediction comes true, then I will just quick mining chia; Fool me once, plot twice, no thanks.

I will sink with the entire classic-OG ship, and there are 12EB that stand with me.

I think its easy to read, these days a TB of a good drive is about $30/TB.

https://diskprices.com/

Good for you that you didn’t pay todays retail prices;

For suckers just coming in to HDD-MINING, they couldn’t be entering at a worst possible time.

More money. The same reason 99% of others will.

2 Likes

If you stare at that nub diskprices site, and follow their links, of course you’ll pay dearly for drives. $20 plus or minus is plenty to pay right now in the market.

I’m still paying $28/TB and I a cheap arse. Two years ago it was 1/2 this.

Lot’s of you ppl buy used crap on ebay ( out of warranty), I’m talking about the good enterprise stuff that is now $50/tb; supr quality.

Sure for $20/tb you can buy kmart brand good for u;

explain to all of us how ‘re-plotting’ make more money, a mothers got to know

HPOOL now has PP (NFT) & OG up & running and the payout is exactly the same.

330TB is 15 days for an xch right now using 0.2xch/pb/day (hpool og return), solo would be dangerous IMHO, might go months without a win

I don’t see your point either :slight_smile: I’m not even sure why you responded to this OP, did you even read it?

I think your the smartest commenter on this forum, clearly the only one that can read code, but we’re not talking about code here.

330TB is a shit-load of HDD’s; This makes u a whale, I think most ppl on this forum luck to have 10TB

So tell us if you didn’t spend $10k on your 330TB, how did you acquire them? Specifically, not a bot response.

He doesnt need to explain it to all of us.
You are the only person here who doesn’t get it…

2 Likes

And also I think a lot of people miss that one pool with 50%+ is bad for Chia and will decrease its value in the long term. Think about the future of Chia long term a bit when making decisions not just the XCH paid to you daily now.

Haven’t gone more than a month yet, been paid right on time or a bit early so far.

Some of that is in cloud plots (I know it’s a poor choice now but the numbers were good at the time, and mine did pay for themselves). And I have a 45 bay jbod I’m working on filling along with about a dozen externals.

Chia will change your mind about “a lot” of storage. Got 96 TB in the mail and it wasn’t all that interesting, still need more.

1 Like

OK , just had two bottles baijiu w/pals, & I can honestly say, I dont’ understand a word u just said, can u tranlate into your native language for me to read ???

Yep, I pushed 100TB long ago, so what :slight_smile: just means I get grab lots of clones on early pre-mine, so what it aint’ worth crap.

The stat’s are what they are. Love u, let’s get a room.