Can I restore my plot or re-plot a same one?

I am mining MASS with chia, and activate all my chia plot in MASS, I am concern about that one day my disk will be broken and I will lost the activated plots
so can I restore my plot, or can I just re-plot a same plot as the old one?
Thanks

Due to the way the blockchain is, there can never be 2 identical plots bit for bit. That is how cheating was discovered. So, to answer your question, if a drive dies and you lose you plots, you must get a new drive and either do 1 of 2 things:

1. restore a clone/backup/copy/image of the drive to the new drive
    or
  2. just start replotting.

Again, you cannot simply replot on a blank drive and expect original plot A to be the same as the new plot A and so on. That is not the way it works. Sorry.

1 Like

With the additional note of there is no point in backing up plots - if you have space to back up a plot you are better off using that space for additional plots. Unless, I guess, you are backing up your plots to tape, but that still seems silly.

There are people that do compressed images of their drives like a Macrium image or something similar. I do not do that except for my boot drives. I am not even sure if the space warranted for the compressed drive image really saves any space.

Also, some people are cloning their drives to folders within an Amazon Glacier.

But you are correct in that using local storage as a backup is not worth it because that storage would be better suited for “production plots” actively being farmed.

Again, you cannot simply replot on a blank drive and expect original plot A to be the same as the new plot A and so on. That is not the way it works. Sorry.

It’s literally written in the code.