Can't see harvesters even after following all the steps

Hey guys and galls, I have Chia 1.1.7 on my main node and my harvesters, however when I follow the steps laid out in the tutorial none of them show up. When looking at the GUI I notice that the Full Node “farmer” Host name under “Advanced settings within the GUI” “which is supposed to be the IP Address of the farmer/harvester from my understanding” does not match the “IP Config” information through CMD.

The question is:

1. Would using a VPN change the script:
    farmer:
    full_node_peer:
    host: localhost "This should be the VPN IP address or the IPV4 Address" ??
    port: 8444
    harvester_peer:
    host: localhost “Does this have to be changed to match the IP of the harvester?
    port: 8448

2. Should the config file on the “Farmer” main node be altered to reflect the information of the harvester? Or should only the config file on the harvester be altered with the IP address?

3. Should the IP address of the Harvester be put in the config file or left as “localhost”

4. Does anyone have an idea on when a “Harvester GUI” is going to be created? Like come on now, that should have been on the TO DO’s list" lol

I am assuming that your farmer and harvester are on the same local network. VPN is for the external IPs

1. No. The full_node:farmer_peer: should remain ‘localhost’ the harvester:farmer_peer: host: [local IP of your farmer] on your harvester - no need to change this on the farmer.

2. No. The config.yaml on the farmer should not be altered, only the harvester:farmer_peer: host: [local IP of your farmer] on your harvester

3. No. The harvester ip address does not need to be added to either config.yaml files

4. Probably not. Honestly, the GUI is awful as it is, I think that adding a “harvester GUI” will only make it worse than it already is. Use the CLI, it might be a little daunting at first but in the end it is much more efficient. Also, blockchain is a world of CLI not GUI

Thank you so much for your help XIII39, I am sadly still having the same problem, I made sure to double check the steps, I’ll be checking to see if its a firewall issue today or if I have the IP address in the wrong section. One thing I did notice on what I put above is:
farmer:
full_node_peer:
host: localhost
harvester_peer:
host: localhost

In the Tutorial on github it says:
5. Open the ~/.chia/mainnet/config/config.yaml file in each harvester, and enter your main machine’s IP address in the remote harvester's farmer_peer section (NOT full_node).

From what I see maybe I have the IP address in the wrong section, I’ll be looking through the config.yaml this morning “after a pot of coffee has been downed” to see if “Remote Harvester” Farmer_peer is in a different section than the “full node” I copied and pasted the info above so I’d assume just by catching that I put it in the wrong spot.

AFAIK localhost (127.0.0.1 by default) is the network stacks loopback address, and is never accessible from the network at all. You should never use this unless you explicitly want to avoid anything from outside the machine accessing this service.

On your LAN you should use your local non-internet-routable IPs, typically 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x, to communicate between machines. You want to use IP reservations on your DNS server (typically running on your home router), or, if this is not supported there, use staticly assigned IP addresses, to prevent machines changing addresses.

You use an Internet routable address to allow machines from outside your LAN to connect to your service. In a typical retail Internet subscription this is a single address ( https://www.whatismyip.com/ ) shared by all machines on your LAN, which is why you need to forward specific ports on your NAT (typically, in your home router) to the specific machine on your LAN that you which to receive those requests on.

Did your issue fixed? can you tell me how I have exactly same problem