Can't update Linux Chia GUI

Hi, I’ve been trying to update my Linux Chia GUI but I am getting an error while installing:
[webpack-cli] HookWebpackError: Cannot read property ‘from’ of undefined
at makeWebpackError

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve tried stop all and resetting machine.

Please provide more info on how you are doing it (deb or git), which step this fails on, what steps you are following etc. Thanks

I’m following the instructions at INSTALL · Chia-Network/chia-blockchain Wiki · GitHub and doing the Update/Upgrade from previous version.

When I run sh install-gui.sh this is the full error:

(use "npm run locale:extract" to update catalogs with new messages)
(use "npm run locale:compile" to compile catalogs for production)
Compiling message catalogs…
Done!

> build:electron
> cross-env NODE_ENV=production webpack --config ./webpack.electron.babel.ts

[webpack-cli] HookWebpackError: Cannot read property 'from' of undefined
    at makeWebpackError (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/HookWebpackError.js:49:9)
    at hooks.processAssets.callAsync.err (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:2394:12)
    at _promise3.then._err3 (eval at create (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:20:1)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
-- inner error --
TypeError: Cannot read property 'from' of undefined
    at toCachedSource (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/optimize/RealContentHashPlugin.js:69:50)
    at compilation.hooks.processAssets.tapPromise (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/optimize/RealContentHashPlugin.js:148:28)
    at fn (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:430:19)
    at _next2 (eval at create (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:12:17)
    at _err2 (eval at create (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:29:1)
    at _promise1.then._result1 (eval at create (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:14:1)
caused by plugins in Compilation.hooks.processAssets
TypeError: Cannot read property 'from' of undefined
    at toCachedSource (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/optimize/RealContentHashPlugin.js:69:50)
    at compilation.hooks.processAssets.tapPromise (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/optimize/RealContentHashPlugin.js:148:28)
    at fn (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:430:19)
    at _next2 (eval at create (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:12:17)
    at _err2 (eval at create (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:29:1)
    at _promise1.then._result1 (eval at create (/home/name/chia-blockchain/chia-blockchain-gui/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:14:1)

I am not familiar with this unfortunately, but I can ask few questions that might help others:

• Are you on ubuntu 20.04? If not - what OS?
  • Did you run the git fetch once in the gui folder?
  • Did you try installing from scratch? take backup of ~/.chia if you do any major changes/tests
1 Like

Ok thanks anyway, I just started farming with CLI instead of trying to solve this.

Ubuntu 20.04
I ran git fetch more than once in the gui folder. Usually after restarting.
No, I didn’t try installing from scratch.

1 Like