Cheap 128tb drives, is it real?

Hey there,

Doesn’t really seem it’s possible and yet let me ask, WTF is this?
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005504355356.html

Cheers

It is a scam.

They program the drive to report any size capacity they choose, and the drive reports that BS size to the OS. When you check the drive’s properties, the OS reports it with the bogus value.

The scammer often get away with it, because most(?) people do not try to write TBs and TBs of data to it.

If the day comes, where people eventually write beyond the SSD’s actual capacity, the refund return window will be gone, and the customer gets stuck with the drive.

Also, since the OS thinks that there is still space, after there is no more space, file corruption occurs. But the customer might not notice. So basic testing might make it appear as if your 500 GB file copy worked. How many people would do a Linux “diff” or Windows “fc”, or compare SHA hash results between the source file and the copy made to the SSD?

Those drives often have micro SD chips, within, that might have as much as 32 GB of actual storage space.

3 Likes

That’s called “too good to be true”. :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I see, well thank you for clarification ! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

i know right? And yet what if … :upside_down_face:

You can get 100TB SSD’s, but be prepared to pay serious money for them, the 50TB is more reasonable but still costs enough to buy a decent second hand car.

Scroll down to the specs, they state 256MB, with a confusing “240G” in the box next, total scam.

1 Like

As real as Elizabeth Warren’s Native Indian heritage which she used to get into Harvard and her job thanks to affirmative action pushing those who claim to be certain minorities ahead of those who are honest.

It is 100% thanks to being a Democrat that Harvard has refused to pull her degree despite the lie coming out, imagine if she was a Republician :smiley: Hell if she had been honest I doubt she’d have ever risen to where she is.

PS: If you apply for college make sure to tick that you are Native American too if you want to get in. According to the Democrats it doesn’t even matter if you genetically are, as long as you identify as Native American. I was crazy enough to circle Asian and I got rejected despite having the highest marks in my entire school with my teachers promising me I was guaranteed to get in. My principal even wrote them a letter appealing the decision because he was shocked. I doubt ivy league colleges will obey the recent supreme court decision and stop blocking Jews and Asians from higher learning.

1 Like

Things are pretty gonzo down in the states here for sure. I didn’t mind voting ‘D’ when the platform was reasonable but they’ve been so busy with the -ism brigade that they forgot to run the country. The world isn’t Twitter and Reddit, there are more important things than sexuality and skin color but they’ve been beating those war bongos for a couple years now.

1 Like

I bought one and computers shows 128TB but it does not work so i open it and there was 56GB memorycard inside thats all. So dont buy.

1 Like

It WAS a scam, the page no longer exists.