Cheap 2tb USB Pen Drives for farming

Having used USB sticks for things like WinToGo live boot images and larger file transfers etc, let me tell you sustained performance is abysmal. There are (a few) exceptions, but they are far more expensive than traditional bulk sticks.

e.g. https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Solid-State-Flash/dp/B08GYPZ8GN

1 Like

Everything is fine. After 40 minutes or so, when the device normalized with the machine, the copying speed went up to 21 MB/s.
This one works. There are scams as some noticed, but we can’t tell everything in this category is a scam.
So experience yourself (is the best advice to give and take)!

I put an answer with some screen shots. Check them out to see the out come from the copy I got.

good luck farming then! :laughing:

That was a “copy paste”, not a “cut paste”. I’m not gonna recopy stuff. Wait for the new method so that the copying will be final.

so, you don’t know if that plot is usable for farming…

The file is a copy from the main drives.
I’ll delete the file copied and wait till I’ll run out of space completely.
The file size, space occupied all relate well. I can’t test coz I don’t want to delete that source file. I think this one is just fine.
One note though: I paid 14 euros (30 euros with a 50% first buyer discount). Now the price is 30 euros. So in the end there is not that much difference.
But again, I really don’t think it’s a big deal even it’s a scam, 14 euros, I don’t care if that goes wrong. Sometimes we gain more from experience, soft knowledge stuff, than the hard materials. That is my take.
Do what pleases you!!!
Cheers :slight_smile:

I don’t even know why i’m wasting time with it, but this video will help you: FAKE USB Storage Capacity (How to determine Fake USB real Capacity) - YouTube

also, you can run chia plots check on that dir. to see if everything is fine with that file.

best of lucks with your farm!

Stop preaching me, please.
I told you already that even I lose 14 euros I don’t care.
Plus, everything works fine.
Let’s not waste more time, shall we!!!
Thanks.

1 Like

The ones worth buying are basically SSDs wrapped in a heat sink. Costs like $250 per 500gigs.

1 Like

Yeah, the space not enough for us chia farmers.

I admire your willingness to keep going with this joke @TheGuyFromFrance :rofl:

It is surprising how slow thumb drives are though, it’s difficult to buy fast ones… even name brand can be quite slow. Here’s one I can recommend if you want actual speed; SanDisk Extreme Go.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-256GB-Extreme-Type-Flash-dp-B08KSHTH24/dp/B08KSHTH24/

3 Likes

Now after 4 days, results.

I copied (for real use case now) 1 plot and deleted the original 3 days ago.
The drive was visible and 101 Gib space shown occupied. I left it there.
Today, after running out of space from a bigger 3.5" drive, I thought now I redirect to that USB as final drive.
But, the plot I copied is not there. I changed PC, not there. Plugged it into a 3rd PC, nope. Space shown occupied, no plot.
I bent the USB and threw it away.
The final result on 2TB USB thumb drive.

I wonder if this kid who still lives in his parents basement ever had a real job?

I got this one from Walmart online yesterday finally running this (CheckFlash ) test, only paid $10.00 and has a return policy if needed. Have to break some eggs…

And I really just got this for a novelty, way to slow…