Check your wallets and move funds to a cold wallet ASAP

You missed the topic. Recently there are many hacked farms in the forum which either mined on some unofficial pool or had some unofficial farm management software installed.

I’m a fan of OG farming primarily because I have more XCH at the end of the day. Call it silly all you want.

Not dabbling with potentially corrupt pools is a bonus.

“Investing is simply the transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient.”

Problem with OG farming is that unless your pushing PB its really not worth it. Ive ran about 50-70 TB for last year, I converted to pool plots the instant it came out. I not have made more XCH then I would have with OG plots, as I have not hit a block since I started pooling. So it all comes to the situation.

For me Pooling has paid off. Paid for all my equipment and now I am starting to buy even more equipment. Where as with OG plots I would still be waiting for that win!

And how exactly do you get more from OG compared to solo pool nft?

You don’t

Looks like this discussion is derailing because comments are not really accurate.

OG plots solo vs NFT plots solo is absolutely no difference at all, as far as rewards.

OG pools (unofficial pools) Often less income than Solo because of issues with the specific protocol they use, fake users etc. Also some require to do something with your private keys and/or install custom software, leading to a possibility of your keys/farm being compromised.

NFT pools (the official pool protocol) In the long run same rewards as OG Solo or NFT Solo minus a pool fee. No risk (as far as I know) of your private keys being compromised by joining a pool running the official protocol.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining but I was being sarcastic, sorry for wasting your time.

1 Like

You don’t. He doesn’t. It is mathematically the same.

There are only two reasons someone would OG farm at this point in the game.

1. That person enjoys the lottery aspect of it all. There is an exciting aspect of a win. That’s fine, I understand that.

2. That person plotted before the pooling protocol came out and he doesn’t want to replot. He could either OG standalone farm or join a sketchy pool. Of course, going OG is the right thing to do (IMO).

I was in the same boat, but I replotted everything and joined a pool with my very first plot. I pull at least 1.2 XCH weekly win or not. I enjoy the consistency. But, that’s me. This is an investment for the long term, not a game. I don’t need to feel the excitement of a block win to make this worth it to me.

Oh, the topic … Use a cold wallet. Keep the secret/phrase on paper in a safe not in a file no matter how secure you think it is. If you have a serious amount of XCH and care not to loose it have a computer that has a fresh install on it (windows from scratch). Firewall this computer from the rest of your network (to avoid any possible infected local systems). Install the chia software, connect the wallet, sync it, do what you need to do, reformat the system. Yes, that is a lot to do but worth it to feel secure. Anything short of this will leave openings for possible theft.

The crazy thing is that if they would just add two factor authentication to the transaction process, we would all feel a lot safer.

Amen! (20 characters)

think you missed my last post, look one post up from yours :slight_smile: