Checking new plots

It is important to note that while updating your setup (to 1.2.5) the Installer will not automatically modify your config.yaml file to add the three new plots refresh parameters mentioned above, even though their (NEW) default setting will be automatically applied in the background. Therefore, after this update, without you changing any parameters, you can expect that your plots will get reloaded every 2 minutes — even if you still have a much higher number set in plot_loading_frequency_seconds — since this older parameter will be simply ignored by the new version.

The important takeaway here is that, to change this default load time after updating, you can either manually enter the new settings, or generate a new config.yaml file so that they become available. Most farmers are unfortunately unaware of this fact, so hopefully this article helps clear this up.

If you choose not to enter the new parameters manually (which would be my recommendation), you can generate a new config.yaml file having the new parameters by closing the application, removing your current config.yaml file located in the .hddcoin/mainnet/config folder

HDDcoin 1.2.5 Release – HDDcoin < forget that it says HDDcoin, read the article.

I just added these new parameter lines in my config.yaml, restarted the GUI, and it’s true, the new lines were NOT added when I upgraded. And better, they work. I changed to loading 60 at a time, for example.

2 Likes