Chia Blockchain Windows 10 crashes every few day. What to do?

you should consider about setting up your main node on linux ubuntu for just testing.

also its quite possible that your power supply or main hard drive is buggy.

1 Like

It sounds like hardware issues or heā€™s pushing his set up to the point where heā€™s not leaving any resources to run the OS. Either way he sounds like heā€™s not willing to learn, troubleshoot. I think he thought this was plug and play and get ROI and daily income with 400plots :man_shrugging:

I can honestly say Iā€™ve had issues as well. Random reboots, stuck syncing and stalled out plots. I couldnā€™t name you one thing that has been ā€œworking as intendedā€. So Iā€™ve cleansed my PC and doing a clean re-install. Of course this sucks more because of the fact Iā€™m not using new gear for this adventure. So sure, could be PSU. Or the RAM. Or the HDD. Or the SSD. Or temps. Or the software itself. Or (insert any component here). I came here to see if I was the only having fits after updating recently.

Never had any problems with my windows-plotter on any version.
When I stop my raspi-farmer for changes, I have to at least reboot it once.

There was another failure today. This time after the Chia Blockchain crash, it happily launched without another sync from scratch. It seems to me the problem is with the system drive. It is of poor quality. I bought a new one today. Weā€™ll see. And the hardware is rather OK: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.49 GHz, 32GB RAM, 34TB of disk space.

What error message did you get? How did you work out it was the system drive?

I will just update my situation for those that care. Earlier versions of Chia I didnā€™t have any issues. Iā€™ve been away, and did the Chia updates. Since then I had system freezes, reboots, stalled plots (couldnā€™t complete even 1) and sync issues with both wallet and mainnet. Not joking. After clean re-installing? Fixed mainnet and now am synced. Plot failed. Wallet wonā€™t sync, stuck at the same place, even with deleting existing wallet files and restarting it. I donā€™t see many other people pulling out their hair so perhaps Iā€™m alone or there just isnā€™t a large enough user base to pound forums on issues.

@huntingground What error? Blue screen. I wasnā€™t interested in the error code. I just restarted my computer. But I know the problem is with the disk. It can hang when copying files. Sometimes the transfer drops to zero for a while. I also saw Windows 10 logs. Tomorrow I will take a new SSD (instead of no-name I bought Samsung) and assume it will be OK.