Chia Coin price dropped below $200! What now?

I had a talk today with a guy trying to sell like 10+ 18 TB drives he bought for 660 Euro. That guy is fucked.

I invested my rig for plotting and farming Chia and expected the ROI in 3 months. It’s bad that the price stoops this low.

However, the real reason that I decided to invest in Chia was not that I expected the ROI in 3 months, but the fact that even if it didn’t meet my expectation I would still be able to do it regardless. Sustainability is the key to my investment. Everything can go wrong but I will still be there no matter what :sweat_smile:

People who sold their farms are not prepared for the worst-case scenarios. It’s not sustainable for them and they unnecessarily took a loss. Some are lucky that they could get out at break-even though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the 1600 USD price tag combined with stupid youtubers and even more stupid viewers attracted a lot of sheeps. The only thing I regret right now is not selling my BTC and ETH when BTC was above 60.000 USD. ;D Could have bought a lot of HDDs for the book money I lost in the last few weeks.

1 Like

This is how we feel now :smiley: while everyone else is running for their money

5 Likes

I live in a place where being surrounded by fire is a regular event. Like a little crypto winter is scary :roll_eyes:

You think like me, I arrived at 1.2pib and I’m going to continue … see the price of xch below $ 100 will give us a lot of satisfaction because it means many people who will stop investing and blocks left to us … he will talk about it In 5 years (I planned the investment on the limit of the hardware legal guarantee)

I just know that many times in the past I have started mining other cryptos and when it came close to not being profitable, I would cut and take my profit. Then looking back a couple years later wishing I would have stuck with it. Knowing that I would have been set for life. I’m not making that mistake this time. I really do think this is the one. It has everything the market is looking for. It will just take time for the team to execute the plan and bring it to life. I’ll be here when it does. With a big chest full of XCH.

2 Likes

I would like to slightly disagree on two points:
FIAT paper money has no intrinsic value as well.
bitcoin stock to flow is comparable with gold.

Eventually, XCH will rebound. I am sure of that. And when it does, I want to be holding a few XCH to cash out and make a profit.

Before XCH hit the actual market, people were speculating it would be around $20 per XCH, and most were happy with that. It was a very big surprise to most that it came out at $1600. To those of you who think because it is at $200, and fluctuating, and are surprised, you are in the wrong hobby or investment. Even BTC is volatile and can double, or halve, in a months time.

To those of you that lost your rear ends, because you bought alot of expensive equipment thinking you were going to get rich quick, I hope you learned a lesson.

I wouldn’t mind XCH staying around $200 for a year or so. That will keep the netspace from exploding, while I sit here and farm and collect… If it were $1600 still, netspace would be 100+ EIB, and I wouldn’t be collecting much of anything.

4 Likes

Absolutely. I agree. I wouldn’t mind XCH dropping to around $100. Maybe some of the less serious farmers will give up and those who aren’t serious to begin with won’t start. That will allow the serious farmers and the big(er) players to gain ground.

If you buy hardware below MSRP, you have nothing to worry about within reason.

I think the people who sold their XCH disagree with you about being a long-term investor.

Most people are here to make money off selling XCH.

It’s a network token.

Guess what you do with a network token that doesn’t have any Dapp ecosystem?

…I’ll let you come to your own conclusions.

Has nothing to do with my opinion. This is how a market based on utility works.

This is not FA and just my opinion.

People in our community have asked me if they should go out and spend money on hardware, and I cannot responsibly tell them that I would recommend that.

There will be a day of reckoning where people are selling hard drives like crazy on eBay as you have pointed out.

Cheers and best of luck to all.

Biggest thing is to make sure you keep whatever you buy to a minimum. Some people will buy TB’s at $30 per. I keep mine under $20.

As far as people selling their XCH right away disagree with it being long term investment… Anyone who thought this would be a short term investment should of never gotten in. I doubt many people (very very few) will see ROI for atleast a year or so, unless they of course had the hardware already.

This is not totally true. If XCH is now $1,000,000, maybe you would stop farming, retired from all the works you do in life, and travel around the world. Or maybe you would invest a lot more into it.

With all that said, I understand your point that you’re fine even at $200 or below. In fact, I am fine too (not going to quit or selling my equipment). But I am not going to say that " I wouldn’t mind " because it’s pure nonsense :sweat_smile:

I hope XCH will rebound soon.

Short of of going to a million dollars instantly so I could sell my current < 1 Chia, it helps being down. If it jumped to $1000 right now, I wouldn’t be able to collect anything because netspace would go way up.

And with the amount I have right now, $1000, or even $5000 per XCH, isn’t going to help me much.

Also, what you said makes no sense. You are fine with it being $200, but can’t say “I wouldn’t mind”. Same damn thing.

If it jumped to $1,000 right now, it would help many to break-even, even with the netspace exploded since most people won’t sell XCH at $200 anyway, thus HODL. Moreover, they’re already farming with their plots.

However, if you’re going to speculate the amount of XCH that you would get long-term in the future, that would somehow sound reasonable except for the fact that instead of getting an ROI in just a few months, you need a year or years. The truth is, at any point in time that XCH price goes up, the netspace will go up also. Therefore I just don’t see any reason to be happy for the current price :sweat_smile:

Pools just came out a couple weeks ago. Hardly any have XCH before that, and have collected very little since that. It could jump to $1000 right now, and it’s not going to help many break even, unless you were here very very very early and collected XCH already.

I am fine means I won’t die, I won’t quit. But it doesn’t mean I don’t care about it. The current price is not a good thing to any farmer so I do care, I mind that :sweat_smile: