Chia, coinbase?

Because you sent it to an address, its entitely possible that is a valid address on another chain if that chain uses the same type of key generation as erc20.

If it didnt use the same trype of key generatoon it shoukd have failed and been rejected by the network.
But you can see here the transaction was processed on that chain.

So some lucky person may at some point create a new address on that chain to find it already has "free money " sat on it.

Your welcome, sorry it wasnt a better ending.

Ive never used kucoin, but you can search its markets to find one that is actually a xch to usdt erc20, if one exists.
If not you would then need to trade your usdt kcc to usdt erc20 then send it to coinbase.

Its entirely possible they have more markets against kcc as that is their own usdt variant.

Or you could just find another exchange that actually has a pairing for usdt erc20 to xch.

Okx for example allows trading xch to usdt ( not sure of variant) , but they also have xch to btc market that could definately be moved to coinbase.
Its also written on the internet that okx allow fiat withdrawls in multiple currencies, but i have not confirmed this or have any idea of fees if it is indeed possible.

My personal opinion is to steer clear of usdt entirely.
Every time they get taken to court to prove they have money to back usdt issued they spend alot to fight it and iirc have not yet proven their reserves.
My opinion is that alot of those reserves are iou’s.
Why not just prove it and be done with it.
They also gave away massive amounts getting exchanges to use their coin, that all had a big cost…

If it helps you sleep better, its a common issue, someone in the comnents did it with 3k.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/owmus0/i_tried_to_withdraw_55103_of_usdt_from_my_kucoin/

Edit.
Infact maybe withdrawing from kucoin is as simple as choosing usdt erc20 on the withdrawal page.

2 Likes

Not 100% sure about Kucoin chain but most chains like polygon, arb, eth, etc use your seed to create the wallet and that wallet address is universal across networks. So technically coinbase could use their receive wallet which they own the keys to on eth to access the same address on kucoin chain. Its just a lot of work for them to do so as its all on an automated system with a bunch of protections.

This isn’t a centralized database where the network checks to ensure the receive address is active. As long as its a valid address, the chain can send the amount to it.

Often when your receiving and switch between chains to receive on you’ll notice that the receive wallet address doesn’t change.

1 Like

I beleive they will do it, for 5k, so in this case not worth it.

Wow, this thread is amazing. Some people lost 10’s of thousands of dollars doing what I did.

To be clear, what do others do successfully and for a reasonable fee?
-What XCH supported exchange do you use?
-What crypto do you convert it to to transfer to an exchange you can withdraw fiat from?
-What Exchange do you then withdraw the fiat from?

This all seems unnecessarily complicated, and like Exchanges put up walls they don’t need to. I’m sure they all have their reasons for doing things the way they do. Cost, complication and etc…, But Kucoin and maybe coinbase have lost a customer because of this, and therefore will be missing out on fees. And in reality I know I did something wrong here, but I’d still be reluctant to use either of their systems again. Just illogical human nature I suppose, especially when there are other options.

A couple of people in the reddit thread mentioned coinbase might start supporting the KCC network soon, and if they do the tokens just might appear in the account shortly thereafter. But the first mention of that was a year ago… So not holding my breath.

2 Likes

Losing 0.1% in fees and keeping 100% of the lost amounts :smiley:

2 Likes

To be clear, what do others do successfully and for a reasonable fee?

In my experience, Tron Network (TRX) has reasonable low fees, just make sure that the exchange on the receiving end supports the network you choose to send from.

1 Like