Chia FUD news articles on farmers reselling used gear as new, had to respond

Have you all seen these poorly sourced articles about Chia farmers (not a broad brush or anything) selling used hw as new? I just had to respond to this FEAR layer cake of fud that is out now. Reporting standards for “news” seems to be at ATL’s, but this is one dip I am not buying.

5 Likes

Thanks for your time to make this sensible video in response to the thread of increasingly click bait fake news. This “news” has been aggravating me! :hot_face:

I have been responding to the worst articles and, if you don’t mind, I will include a link to this video in future responses.

Thanks again!! :sparkler: :back: :on: :top: :soon:

1 Like

I dont mind at all! I really do have to wonder on the timing of it all though.

1 Like

Baseless story is falling out of Google news anywaze … down to one YouTube link today for me.

Click bait news this bad does not last long after every source has been soundly refuted. :sunglasses:

Is there any way to stop this? I spend all day on Quora trying to explain that solar panels and wind turbines are not harmful to the environment. I guess it’s better to die fighting…

1 Like

I don’t think there are many, if any, truth based ‘news’ stories about chia. Rather, just some idiot writing click bait headlines for $$, filling space with whatever ‘seems’ plausible, which gets picked up by internet ‘news’ services and endlessly redone, reworded, repeated, until it becomes a trail of garbage and its own ‘source’ and ‘truth’ going forward. Sad, pathetic, and unfortunately, the way things work in the online world.

Modern version of, “Have you stopped beating your wife?” type stories.

1 Like

Joined the topic on Toms hardware website… this is pure bias/non funded clickbait.

I doubt the site will delete it as it generates more ad revenue… and others are following … it makes them ad revenue … so not a surprise to see this toms hardware article copied at other places …

If we wouldn’t jump on it to react it would get less attention and be less high ranked as ‘news’ stories and make them less money… for clickbaiting

BlockquoteIs there any way to stop this? I spend all day on Quora trying to explain that solar panels and wind turbines are not harmful to the environment. I guess it’s better to die fighting…

Ok this is offtopic but hey had to reply :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol , lucky you didn’t encounter me on those topics :stuck_out_tongue: green guys need to be re educated, ever wonderd what it costs as carbon footprint for wind turbines/solar panels from start of process till delivered and installed …

Also take into account the lifespan of those … they are heavy polluting, ever seen offshore windturbines placed, those special made vessels to do so ain’t running on electric, anyway I guess you get what I want to say. I do like solar power but is it ‘green’ it’s far from it … besides the supersized carbon footprint from extracting the materials, transport, installing etc … it has a relative short lifespan

Eco/Enviromental wise, for example the offshore windturbines create a new micro climat that changes the place it is … check eg pics and reports of windturbines at the north sea … and their enviromental impact …

Green is for me a hoax, doesn’t make the world greener at all, just makes some people super rich thanks to all subsidies they receive from goverments, their projects are kinda free to make money.

I know this is seriously offtopic but if you want to debate about our different visions I’m all for it feel free to hit me by private message.

So seriously off topic you appear to be trolling.

I would entirely agree. You can read my stuff on Quora if you want Simon Khoury - Quora
This is nothing to do with Chia.

1 Like