Chia GUI 1.2.3 causing memory leak

Hi!

i’m running chia gui to farm (ONLY FARMING - no PLOTTING) and my PC keep crashing in the same frame of hours everyday (it had been a week…). i did check event log and found this error repeated.

Faulting application name: start_farmer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ffec122
Faulting module name: blspy.cp39-win_amd64.pyd, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60f847c0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000002b937
Faulting process id: 0x236c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d789624aa85e88
Faulting application path: C:\Users\kugu\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.2.3\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\start_farmer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\kugu\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.2.3\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\blspy.cp39-win_amd64.pyd
Report Id: 9ade6670-00f4-41f3-8f2b-f2402066a1a6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

My PC spec :

• R7 5800x
  • X570 aorus lite
  • 32GB of ram
  • GPU 2060

Does anyone surfer this problem before? i’m stressed looking for solution

Revert to 1.2.2 Like I have is the only thing I can tell you for the windows client. Ive had issues with it also, but not a memory leak.

You may want to check your ram with some bootup memory tests.

Search for: mdsched.exe > click it > click run now and it will reboot and test ram.

How many plots do you have?
Are you using Windows 10?

I’m having the same problem.

Did you find a solution?

tks that! I revert to 1.2.2 and waiting for issue to re-produce. the weird thing is i noted that it’s only crash on the early morning (3-6AM) no matter what i did. i tried to restart my computer to wipe out them ram before go to sleep but the issue still there.

1 Like

actually a have 260 NFT plots on space pool and around 79TB old plot still mining with Hpool. may be you should try to revert to 1.2.2

Does everybody faces the issue? Should i not upgrade to 1.2.3?

i downgrade to 1.2.2 but the issue still remain

Sounds like you have an issue outside the chia software. Have you checked the windows event viewer for issues happening right prior to the closedown, usually those appear in the system alerts, filter by critical.

My farmer has also started crashing.
Was running fine before I updated to 1.2.3, first update in a while I bothered with.

No idea what the issue is, but its a pita.