Chia Network is giving you a Christmas CAT

Chia Network is giving farmers who have farmed blocks before Christmas 2021 a set of appreciation tokens. Read about it here.

I read that as, " gimme your money ".
Money of merch lol.

2 Likes

Maybe those NFTs will be worth a lot more later on. It’s always nice to get a freebie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The world is more complex than what is being implied by the above statement.

2 Likes

Who would have thought ?! (@Aspy68 :wink:)

3 Likes
2 Likes

What if you farmed a block in a pool? Does that count?

3 Likes

If it was an NFT pool, yes.

3 Likes

Can we sell the CAT? What’s its worth?

2 Likes

I have been pool farming since 7th July and have never won a block. I was solo farming briefly beforehand, didn’t win block and switched over to NFT pooling.

Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 07.38.44

I have 3600+ plots too.

I won’t qualify for this CAT.

3 Likes

There might be something wrong with your setup. High ping or something. I’ve won 8 with 70 TiB and started more or less at the same time as you.

3 Likes

Chiadog states all is fine. Pool winnings/points are fine too.

I have been plotting slowly the whole time too.

Anyway I have 2 days to win a block to win a CAT :rofl:

3 Likes

I really would do a deep dive from the bottom up and never assume anything that all is ok. JomMichael spoke on rigs of these sizes not winning and he was adamant that the rig needs to be directed to see what’s up. It could be a simple setting, drives sleeping, I won twice in one week and only have 100TiB. I wish you luck as your bingo cards have been lousy.

2 Likes

I was hoping for a Turkey

2 Likes

Anybody received the CAT already?

I don’t have my farming wallet on a light wallet yet so I haven’t checked.

Don’t think so. The blog on chia.net still says:

Please check back later for the CAT’s info to be added here!
This space will be updated once the airdrops have gone out.

This info you will need to setup the CAT's token on the light wallet.

Just a heads up, we’ve not yet sent out the CATs.

There are a few technical things we need to do to to finalize the work, and it goes a bit beyond the knowledge set of the volunteers I pulled together for this project. It’s not a big deal, there are countless people within the company who can help with this, but none of them volunteered to work on this over the holiday break and I don’t consider this urgent enough to interrupt their much deserved time off to work on, when next week is right around the corner to wrap it up.

3 Likes

my god if you made someone come back off holidays to work on this against their desires there would be an unkind article with lots of swears after. good on you guys. rewards can wait. cant do anything with them yet anyway.

Right? This was a totally voluntary side project I pulled together volunteers for in the 11th hour, and I would publicly shame myself even, if I did that… I’d also go HAM on anyone who tried to make someone on my team work on their holiday off on something they didn’t sign up to be a part of when there was no pressing need to. A healthy work-life balance is critical, and it’s important for leaders to help reinforce that even with the workaholic minded folks who don’t mind it.

5 Likes