Chia no longer listed on Uphold

Logged on this morning to Uphold (UK) to try and buy some more XCH - Uphold no longer seems to offer it as an option?

I also can’t sell the chia I hold on there. Is this just a glitch? I can’t see anywhere that Uphold has delisted the coin

Never heard of them to be honest, shoot them an email?

A quick Google found this, so I’m not sure why anyone would use that service.

Note: this cryptocurrency is not available for withdrawal to external crypto wallets. It can be bought, held, and sold on Uphold. About Chia (XCH).

So it’s not a traditional exchange.
Why on earth did you choose this service?

Uphold is the service used by the Brave Browser to send the BAT rewards to.

I personally never liked Uphold, super expensive in transfer fees for the lil amount of BAT receiving monthly. Though small work around is exchanging to BCH and transfer to avoid those expensive ETH chain fees.

Never used it for anything else and didn’t even know they offered XCH.

I have purchased my XCH on Crypto.com. Bought the dip again yesterday. My 18 coins are still less than 50% of what I paid for my rig. LOL :wink:

1 Like

Uhm, any suggestions what can be used safely (in your opinion)?

Tends to depend what you want.
Personally I try to go with long standing platforms that I know of.
I cant say any of them trade xch though.

I was more curious why ppl would trade on a platform that you can’t even withdraw xch from.
I certainly would not be there.

1 Like

Actually, reading today it seems coinbase trade xch, although I’ve nvr used them, that’s prob the exchange I’d trust most out of all I’ve seen that listed xch.

1 Like

Thank you @Bones !!!

Coinbase does not support XCH trading for US-based customers, fyi. Can’t speak for other countries.

1 Like

Seems to look OK for UK people.
I can see the charts anyway.

From the US, they have a data feed and you can put it in your watchlist, but trading is not supported.

Probably to do with how it’s classed in the states.
You all have alot of crypto regs.
Some other coins I follow had their exchange moved out of the states just so that they could freely trade certain coins that they couldn’t from within the states, but they won’t allow ppl from the states to trade them.

See my reply regarding Coinbase … on a post by another person, https://chiaforum.com/t/chia-submits-approval-documents-to-nasdaq-for-ipo-true-story/13210/7

Coinbase lists all coins just like coinmarketcap owned by binance, simply as … trading no way … it’s just well what to say … they show coin prices, doesn’t say they list them, similar as binance with coinmarketcap…

And if these 2 monsters aka Binance and Coinbase would list XCH it would cost the CHIA Team prob around a couple of millions with other stuff granted to do so … (check on the fight of Jarod Tate DGB founder with CZ of Binance)

I saw that post and confirmed it myself.
I’ve just nvr seen an exchange that bothers having data on untradeable coins before.

1 Like

Oh they do, they compete with all , over 5000 new coins not talking about tokens yet have been made the past year … google searches and getting top ranked is a commercial activity, even if they don’t have the coin or token they will show the price tag, and coinbase is perfect at it … as is binance as they bought coinmarketcap.

Simply said it’s a traffic battle between big guys and we peasants are well victims to get them first listed at search engines … so we click and don’t look further … established names …

1 Like

Yeah makes sense, they are 2 exchanges I’ve just nvr had any need / want to use.

1 Like