Chia Plots Crashing

I’ve been having issues plotting. I’ve recently figured out that the plots are actually crashing frequently. Then I get stuck with partial plots in my nvme drives and it blocks my other plots from finishing.

So far I’ve tried to figure out what the issue is and my RAM passed MEMTEST86. My nvme drives have only plotted out a fraction of their TBW rating and both passed their SMART tests.

I was going to most likely reformat the nvme drives in case the partitions are messed up. I was also going to turn off MCE (9900k) since the high voltage might be making my cpu unstable. I was also going to try testing the CPU if this problem continues.

The issue seemed to occur on both nvme drives at about the same time. Still haven’t figured out why.

The plots seem to stop running during random ‘bucket x uniform sort’ operations.

All I can think to do right now is turn off MCE and downclock my ram from 3200 to 3000 and maybe increase the plot stagger time from 30-60 min. Anyone have any better advice?

I once had my plotter start to do the same thing. After Chia was completely shut down I looked using explorer and the NVMe showed over 30% used but no files were there to be seen or deleted.

I formatted the NVMe, the ghost usage disappeared and I have not had the problem since.

I suspect the cause may have been my starting new parallel plots before Phase 4 was complete but really do not know.

Hope this helps your situation! :sunglasses:

Hmm well I see it more being that plots are crashing and then plot manager starts new plots and my temp drive gets full. So it’s not hidden data as much as unstable plotting.