Chia plotting issue

Hello fellow farmers. Anyone else having issue with the plotting where occasionally the client seem to crush and even the PC gets restarted ?

I tried plotting in parallel, in queue and even 1 by 1. There doesn’t seem to be a rule when or how this happens, but occasionally does happen.

Managed to find the following error in the logs.

2021-07-07T10:43:12.949 daemon __main__                   : ERROR    Unexpected exception trying to send to websocket: code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no reason Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "websockets\protocol.py", line 827, in transfer_data
  File "websockets\protocol.py", line 895, in read_message
  File "websockets\protocol.py", line 971, in read_data_frame
  File "websockets\protocol.py", line 1047, in read_frame
  File "websockets\framing.py", line 105, in read
  File "asyncio\streams.py", line 721, in readexactly
asyncio.exceptions.IncompleteReadError: 0 bytes read on a total of 2 expected bytes

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\chia-blockchain\venv\Lib\site-packages\chia\daemon\server.py", line 187, in safe_handle
  File "websockets\protocol.py", line 555, in send
  File "websockets\protocol.py", line 803, in ensure_open
websockets.exceptions.ConnectionClosedError: code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no reason

If anyone has a clue on this matter would be much appreciated.

That error has nothing to do with plotting. You want to look at syslog for oom kills to see if you’re running out of ram+swap

Hi,

When you post something about a problem, if would be better to give some details about your configuration. This problem could be a RAM issue, not having much or CPU, etc

Sorry I did not include this info from the start.

Motherboard: MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 4300GE with Radeon Graphics 3.50 GHz (a bit older)
RAM: 16GB (single module)
SSD used for plotting: WD BLACK SN750 2TB

When I’m monitoring the plotting I haven’t seen the RAM go over 80% and the CPU occasionally goes to 100%.

Just a small update on the matter. This may turn out to be disk related.

Running CHKDSK command as well as re-formatting the plotting SSD seem to make the error go away for couple of days.

The thing is, the error seem to come back. And after it comes back, it starts happening more frequently.

Still can’t pin point the real issue, but the disk formatting and CHKDSK make it go away for couple of days so I am way happier then before.

Hope someone finds this info useful and happy farming to all.