Chia plotting on ubuntu server

Hey guys

I did not know about this forum until a couple of days ago. If anyone is interested i have an git repo which has been laying around for some time now, which makes the plotting easier (at least for me).

Please feel free to check it out.

https://github.com/manprinsen/chia-plotting-on-ubuntu-server

Thanks for sharing;-)

Can you elaborate a bit about the Move Plots option. There are several scripts around to do this, just curious what approach you have taken?

Dang it, i have a hard time remembering if i used the plot mover in this program or if i let the madmax plotter program do that.
Nevertheless, in my case, i created my plots on one server and moved them to another server (supermicro with jbod).

Let me explain my setup.

Plotting server:

• Lenovo server with 56 virtual cores, 256 GB ram, a simple ssd running ubuntu os, x2 Samsung 980 PRO 1TB M.2 NVMe in raid 0 and a 10 gbps nic.
    => The madmax created a plot each ~20 min and to the ram drive and outputted the plots to the NVMe drive (from what i can remember).
    => Samba share was “activated” on the NVMe raid 0 drive

Farming server:

• An old supermicro server with 16 virtual cores, a 10 gbps nic and windows server 2019 (other specs is not important :slight_smile: )
    => This server had a mapped network drive to the samba share of the NVMe raid 0 drive
    => I then had a python program running (link below), which moved each plot to its actual destination drive. In my case a bunch of 12 TB samsung SAS drives
    => Unfortunately i dont remember the transfer speed over the 10 gbps link, but dang it was fast :slight_smile: I think the bottleneck where the actual destination drives, so the transfer speed was at least 200 mb/s

This is the “plot mover” which uses windows built in software called Robocopy. Which btw is multithreaded.
The program will “fill” 3 hdds concurrently until they run out of space.
https://github.com/manprinsen/multithreaded-file-transfer/blob/main/thread.py

Sorry for bad documentation.