CLI Check Status

I’ve been successfully plotting using the CLI for about a week however, I’m not confident that I’m actually farming. Is there an easy way to tell?

I started chia using chia.exe start farmer -d and have been checking the status using chia.exe show -s -c though I’m concerned now since the farmer hasn’t connected to anything in a few days.

PS > .\chia.exe  show -s -c
Current Blockchain Status: Full Node Synced
Connections:
Type      IP                                     Ports       NodeID      Last Connect      MiB Up|Dwn
FARMER    127.0.0.1                              50013/8447  XXXXXXXX... May 11 20:59:42      3.9|0.0

In Powershell run the following command. This will give you a live stream of plots being farmed. If you get nothing, something is wrong. CTRL+C to stop the stream.

Get-Content "~/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log" -Wait | select-string -pattern "plots were eligible" -encoding ASCII

This is also a great way to keep an eye on the response times.

3 Likes

How often should I expect to see a line matching “plots were eligible”. So far I haven’t seen any, however, I only today changed the log level to INFO.

edit:

I’m seeing these in the logs now that they are set to INFO. Thanks for the help.

1 Like