Does multiple mad max dose increase time to creating plot?

if madmax plotter create 1 plot in 30 Minute, can we run multiple madmax and create multiple plot in same time ? i mean runing 4 madmax in terminal and get 4 plot in 40 Minute ?

No it is meant to use as many resources as possible to create plots in series. On a dual cpu server you might be able to get away with running 2 in parallel, but in a single cpu system one is about all you want running at one time.

The exception to this rule, which is a good one generally, would be if your disk performance is fairly poor, then you won’t see your CPU run all that high, it’s just not reading/writing enough data to run at high speed. So you might be able to parallel some plots to multiple slow disks to use up cpu cycles. Whether it’s faster than using the original plotter to parallel plot to multiple slow disks depends on how many. The old method enabled 16+ plots in parallel if you have the disk controllers and disks to do it.
I got my laptop to max out a spinning USB drive (being used as temp and temp2) at 25MB/s sustained. Processor (i73630QM - 5000 CPU marks) is only at 25% for phase 1.

Edit i panned that after 8 hours it was on P1 T3!

1 Like