Don't go there!

Don’t go there!
Chia - core . com farming pool

3 Likes

OK, don’t go there… but you link it in the first post?

6 Likes

Rumour has it the exe does much more than screw with the official chia client’s configuration. @ChiaMiner why do you have the pool’s logo as your profile picture?

Your question should be reversed:
Why are they using my profile picture as their logo?

2 Likes

Oh dear. Stealing is not a good look for a pool operator.

1 Like

well, i have over 400 plots as solo miner and still 0 xch,
so i think hpool or core pool will be my next choise…
sur i would not replot for official pool,
I wait a little longer to see, may an official pool accept the existing plots?

nope not without you giving them your private keys. only hpool has been around long enough for people to trust enough if at all

Chia-core,com seems to have all ready broken rule no:1 “chia” not to be used in the first part of the name

2 Likes

Ironic, Bram Cohen, the guy that created Bit Torrent, the biggest music and movie piracy tool ever, doesn’t want his trademark stolen lmao

1 Like

Lmao, that made my day.

yes but i would be careful, don’t bite the hand that feeds you. bit torrent is a tool it’s up to you how you use it eg: the internet use it for criminal activity or legit would you blame the creator.

I think they alter the reward adress to point to their pool wallet.
They are #38 of top farmers right now. With a total of 28 XCH found so far, whereas 12 blocks were won in the last 24h. So they have quite an influx of new users.

I’m not advertising. I’d never mine there. I just sit in their discord and watch. And from time to time, i try to get the devs to source their code openly. They say they’d love to and understand that this would potentially rule out the trust issue, but due to their “security checks” they cannot, otherwise it would be too easy to cheat the pool.

From what I can tell, people do actually receive payouts. Still, you never know what that .exe does else.

All while traying to patent Satoshi’s methodology by changing a few words around. :man_facepalming:

I don’t understand the whole don’t bite the hand that feeds you part of your comments, but good luck

well , actually if i had to choose bettween corechia or hpool, i think i will try core, because of the no privat key…, lets wait a bit longer^^

Try maxiopool. They seem like a moving in the right direction pool.

but lol they say that there is no fees, but when you try to look a little deeper appears that there will be a fee after two weeks of farming :frowning:

Everything has fees. If someone says something is free they are lying to you or the product isnt worth your time. The fees are small. I can still make chia here with their system. I make chia every day here. their system and how it works is y im there. If i had 5000 plots myself i wouldnt be anywhere. But gl with where u go.

yeah, it may look kind of suspicious when someone says that smth is free but for example on findchia there is a lifetime 0% for those who will join till the end of the summer, so it can work like an encouragement

1 Like

Its funny how people know this in real life but they get online and suddenly all common sense goes out the window :smiley:

3 Likes

You don’t need to take private keys in order to run a custom pooling client properly.

You only need to run chia plots check to get plot information.

There are certainly other ways to do client-side validation, but I would need to see evidence of Core Pool stealing private keys to believe it.

We are writing our own custom client as well so I’m speaking from experience and from observing their Discord.

As always, DYOR.