Earned 2 chia, but don't see them in my wallet

Yeah, you’re right.
OP may simply not have had any XCH to steal until just now.

I got the first 2 coins about a month ago and then had no problems, but after had a power outage and lost the sync, it was only 4 hours but I was taking over a day restoring the sync and then I used the powershell for accessing the intruders, this where about 15 day ago…
Here law enforcement wouldn’t be able to do nothing…
It was a lesson that had to be learned…

Make sure you format those systems or you may be learning another lesson in a month or two.

2 Likes

Both computers later today will be formated… The pools could comeout soon :joy: as I have to replot everything :joy: :joy: :joy:

Last effort to save replot till you have no spare space, of course its a gamble.
If you were to change your payout address in the wallet, perhaps that would transfer coins faster than someone scanning the chain and trying to move the coins.
Risky certainly, but with a big farm maybe worth the gamble while you finish filling available space and replot.
Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I thought of that, change in the config file… Reploting 750 plots will take some time but after formating the pcs will think about if will take a risk as Reploting, I will have to be in a lookout for prizes and very quick to remove the coins before they :joy:

2 Likes

I have to say that you have an unbelievable attitude to this situation. I would be slamming my head and crying if someone stole my Chia coins.

2 Likes

Yesterday went they desapeared I was very angry but then I realized I need to learn more and I have to face this as a lesson and a mistake not to repeat…

7 Likes

For future readers: I‘d like to add that there is no claim and that I don’t want to imply that the mentioned 3rd Party Tools above may harm your system/wallet (besides the bad powershell repo that was taken down). I listed my own 3rd Party repo aswell.

The idea was to narrow down possible sources of the attack.

2 Likes

Trust is a big issue especially with keys being essentially unprotected. We need something to protect keys on machines where they are present.

1 Like

Cold wallets were referenced in this thread. AFAIK, there’s a procedure you can use within Chia to make your storage wallet more secure, but there’s no true hardware wallet (Trezor or Ledger Nano) that currently accepts Chia. Hope this changes in the next few months. Some of the existing wallets can be updated with firmware.

1 Like

So if I created a new private key, then set it’s receive address as the “farming rewards target address” on my current farmer machine, then any block rewards go to my second key’s wallet? Correct?

I added the receive address from my second key and got the message “No private keys for one or both addresses. Safe only if you are sending rewards to another wallet.”

So since this is exactly what I want to do this is okay? If I win a block reward it goes straight to my new wallet which is definitely not known via any third party software. I am not too worried that my first key is know, but doesn’t hurt to be safe.

Keep it up :+1:

Given the time consumption to replot all your disks, I’d say don’t trash the plots right away, those babies are valid plots. Put them in use while waiting for their turn being plotted.

You only need a cheap computer to ran the plots on a pool, such as HPool. The reward would be calculated daily and the wallet on the pool is separated from the wallet being compromised.

Btw, HPool is rather straightforward to set up, besides the concern of it’s safety and fairness.

1 Like

That is true. Rewards from your Node with key #1 go to wallet of your key#2
( and use / sync that one just when needed)

1 Like

Hi All I just got a prompt from my avg anti virus saying it blocked a blacklist botnet to a random Ip address at port 8444. I made a mistake of pressing ok and it shut down before I could log the IP address should I be worried about this? I cant find and AVG log with this address in it

If you change your private key do you have to replot? that will be painful.
How do you check balance of cold wallet? do you add the cold wallet to to chia wallet to know balance?
Sorry I am new to crypto.

Not tried it, but I’d assume you check cold wallet balance here.

https://www.chiaexplorer.com/blockchain/search

2 Likes

Sorry, guys.
But how can I delete private keys on Windows comp, that I use only as SWAR plotter?
chia keys show - returned only:
“Showing all public keys derived from your private keys:
Fingerprint: XXX
Master public key (m): XXX
Farmer public key (m/12381/8444/0/0): XXX
Pool public key (m/12381/8444/1/0): XXX
First wallet address: XXX”

Will be great, if you can recommend any simple instruction how manage a keys on multiple comps plotting system.
Regards.