Ext 4 in Windows

Need some help from people on how to farm using Ext4 HDD on Windows 10.

The problem I am trying to solve is that , I have got a few HDD, which I have on my Ubuntu machine. I want to move them to a Windows machine, where I want to run the harvester. Anyway to read those HDD on Windows without replotting or copying them to another HDD which is NTFS.
Thanks for your help.

use exFAT for cross compatability

These disks already have plots on them. I don’t think there is any way to change the partition type with loosing the plots.

yeah you would have to move them somewhere else first

If you install a certain minimum version of the Windows 11 preview, you can pass a physical disk through to the WSL2 kernel and mount it, then run the harvester there. I did this for a bit because I was having trouble with a Thunderbolt enclosure in Linux. Ultimately I went back to booting Linux.

If you’re interested in exploring this route I can find the documentation I followed and give you some example commands. Let me know.

if you can move some of the plots, this looks like the best way to do it wo/total reformat >

https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-how-to-convert-a-drive-from-ext4-to-ntfs-without-losing-the-data/

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I tried WSL2 on Windows 10, but it did not work. Maybe I did something wrong. Is Windows 11 any different. Can you post some link for the documentation.

About moving plots by making another partition on the same HDD. I guess I have to do this as, by deleting say 10 plots out of the 164 plots, create another NTFS partition and move the plots. Expand the partition and so on. I guess I will go with this without any other solution. Just that it will take a long time doing about 30 - hard drives with 164 plots each.

Multiply ur creation time/plot +costs vs copy time/plot (if u have other HDs)
Take the best answer. Reality bites occasionally.

I was under the impression that it was brand new to Windows 11 (Build 22000 or higher), but I’m seeing conflicting information that it’s available in Windows 10. Anyway, here’s the documentation I followed:

I did wsl --mount --bare on the Windows side and then mount -o ro,noatime on the Linux side.

You can use diskinternals linux reader, that’s what I did, it will take some time to copy all your plots but it’s better than repploting

get ahold of some spare drives, offload the plots, reformat the drive, copy the plots back