Farm Check : No Wins

Windows 10.
How about doing this on a clean PC?
Or do you think the key may be saved in registry somewhere?

do you think the key may be saved in registry somewhere?
-Yes. keys are always stored. Unless you delete it manually from the chia app.

Maybe config.yaml is wrong. The keys are still on your computer. If you haven’t formatted this computer since you started chia. I don’t know where the keys are stored. Maybe in the registry.

1 Like

I save old config.yaml files and have one labelled 01072021.

The xch_target_address is the address where the XCH has been sent.

I know this because when the new chia version comes out, I back up the old folders. I uninstall Chia and always do a clean install. I just move DB files from old folders to new folder.

1 Like

I think it may be in credentials manager (type ‘credential manager’ in the taskbar search box).
Then if there you may find it under Windows Credentials - Certificate based credentials section.
If it’s there (two with some kind of reference to chia) then don’t touch it but it’s worth the try to rename folders and install/run a fresh client as suggested.

1 Like

See here ( 20 chrs )

The credentials manager entry is for approx the correct date too.

Sorry no but those are SSL certificates, not the keys;-)

1 Like

Lol , the post under it then…
I meant the thread as a whole.

@ xkredr59 shall I rename mainnet folder to mainnet_26122021, uninstall and re-install 1.2.11?

So you set up a passphrase?!?
I think that’s when the keys are moved from the OS key storage to a chia specific location .chia_keys and are protected by the passphrase and I expect it to move only the ones active.
Nice thing is that up to 1.2.11 at least chia has decided not to delete the keys from the old location.
And if no .chia_keys is found the client will go to that old unprotected storage.
Still worth a try I think, but you have to rename .chia_keys directory also I think.

1- Close all chia process
2- Rename all .chia and chia-blockchain folder.
For windows:
c:\users\USERNAME\ .chia to .old_chia
c:\users\USERNAME\ .chia_keys to .old_chia_keys
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain to old_chia-blockchain
3- Uninstall and reinstall chia application.
4- Move DB files to new folders.

Plus rename the c:\users\USERNAME\ .chia_keys to .old_chia_keys
Or reinstall a version <1.2.10 that will not look for .chia_keys and goes straight to the OS key storage

I Need new glasses, @hoca05 already said that…

One more thing though. After closing chia process reboot to make sure! Don’t want a corrupted blockchain-db forcing to sync for days after step 4.

I am going to follow this and install 1.2.8. Wish me luck :slightly_smiling_face:

:four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

I Need new glasses, @hoca05 already said that…

:slightly_smiling_face: No I saw your post and then I edited my post.

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t trust a reboot to make sure chias shut.
I have corrupted db by restarting.

Open task manager and make sure the processes are ended.

1 Like