Farmer + Harvester (enable_upnp:)

Hallo everyone. If I have a Farmer + Harvester, do I need to change enable_upnp: from true to false in the config.yaml (Harvester) settings?

No, because you won’t be running the full node on your harvester, so that configurable is moot.

3 Likes

On my famer I have
full_node:
database_path: db/blockchain_v2_CHALLENGE.sqlite
dns_servers:

And on my harvester I have
full_node:
database_path: db/blockchain_v2_CHALLENGE.sqlite
dns_servers:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’ve been solo for 2 months with enable_upnp: false , could this affect block capture?

Thanks for reply! I have the same. Harvester (False). Does that mean nothing has changed and maybe doesn’t matter if i use Farmer + Harvester?

Thanks for reply! I have the same. Harvester (False). Does that mean nothing has changed and maybe doesn’t matter if i use Farmer + Harvester?

In my Main farmer node I have UPNP true. In my harvester node I have false.

1 Like

Do you have port 8444 forwarded in your router to the static IP of the farmer node?

1 Like

Yes! With this all ok. Thank you so much again!

Actually…

u want to turn off upnp on both farmer and harvester…

And set static ip address for main node and open port 8444 on your router.

That would be the correct config

Turn off upnp everywhere
It’s wildly insecure ESPECIALLY if ur into crypto currency’s.

Just because somone invents a way to do somthing doesn’t make it good or right. Yes upnp just works…. Because it make ur firewall basically useless.

Ding ding

When a harvester talks to a farmer it’s not on 8444. It uses its own harvester protocol I think it’s like 8445…
Upnp isn’t even a factor
The only port to open in ur router is 8444.

All local traffic should happen regardless.
Unless firewalls on devices the shelf’s are preventing it… but has nothing to do with upnp

Hope all that helps my guy.