Farming PC Help

I picked up a mini PC with these specs thinking it would stay synched but its not.
Dell Mini Desktop PC (fanless)

• Windows 11 pro installed
  • 60GB SSD Solid State Drive
  • 4GB memory
  • AMD G-T56N processor, 1.6GHz
  • 2-USB 3.0, 4-USB 2.0, DisplayPort, DVI
  • Microsoft compatible Office suite installed

Is it possible to farm with out synching fully? how do i do it?
Do you have a recommended cheap budget pc for farming?

Thank you for any advice

SSD is too small. The blockchain DB is already like over 50GB and keeps growing. To be able to run the node, you will need a dedicated SSD as a directory junction. Ideally something at least 1TB and TLC / 3DNand flash.

CPU seems weak. Not sure if it can handle syncing. The only way to tell is to wait until it is synced and see what’s the usage on average, and whether it is able to keep up.

Another option instead of all of this is to use Flexfarmer. It requires a lot less resources and should be able to run on your current hardware.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that i did upgrade to a 120gb ssd

This is what I’m using for one of my nodes. Has a 500gb SSD for C: drive

i dont know about the pool info, but everything else is on the money.

Do you happen to have a link to one of these?

I’m not a Flexpool fan boy, but I give the credit when it is due. Flexfarmer is designed in such a way that you don’t need to maintain full node yourself and it simplifies pool farming.

I recommend this option because the OP hardware specs are insufficient for vanilla chia software.

Would need to re plot to use flex pool?

With that CPU I think your option is the flexfarmer. I’m using it since a few days and I’m very satisfied with it, consumes less cpu/ram/electricity.

You don’t need to replot.

If your plots are NFT-based, then no. All you need to do is follow instructions at flexpool.io