Farmr.exe gives an error and the cmd window crashes

After chia gui 1.3.2 update for windows, farmer.exe cmd window gives error messages and the window crashes. Any idea to avoid this error?

Well looks like maybe they’re incompatible.
I’m not updated so just guessing.
I know @gil was not getting any advertisers and I don’t believe has posted in a while.
And it’s costing them money for server etc.
Hopefully it will see a fix.

Its been a while since I ran the farmer on my browser

This is what I’m getting now, and I’m on 1.3.3

It seems that your farmr is stuck at starting point?

Had to hit the enter key, sorry, I ran farmer on the browser and mine is coming up up ok

What is your chia version?

20 characters…

What I just found out on the farmr.net is that some harvester didn’t display, so I deleted the (farmr-windows-x64) folder and reinstalled farmr-windows-x64,zip and it re-reads your system and comes up with another current number, and adds them in. It did for me. Now all my harvesters and the farmer are displayed :crossed_fingers:

Does this error persist across reboots, even if you don’t start Chia after restarting?

I haven’t used farmr and am not very familiar with it. Presumably it is the Chia blockchain database (sqlite file) that is locked. It is unlikely to be a DB compatibility issue since it is not able to open the file at all.

It might be an error trying to write to its own database, I’m not sure.

What version of farmr are you running?

I’m running Chia 1.3.3

I dont think it’s anything to do with chia version, and is just farmr being buggy.
Because, I’m on old chia version, just pulled a disk and added it to another box as it had space for 6 more plots, once re added I got exactly the same error messages, easily fixed by restarting farmr in my case.

Farmr version is 1.7.7.4 latest official one. Now I am testing latest prerelease version (1.8.1.3). So far (12 hours) no problem. I closed the farmr window with “4” and restarted farmr again.

When this error comes, I can not close the cmd window, it is locked. So I have to restart the PC.

Did you download it from github etc?

Yes I did. I only trust to Gil’s github page to download farmr. ( version 1.7.7.4 )

Now I am testing farmr prerelease version 1.8.1.3

1 Like

I bookmarked that link so I don’t have to also look for it.

Have you seen this error before? I changed the xch-numbers fo rthe post

WARNING: Farmer rewards address xch13333333333333333333333333333333333333333 does not match any of your hot/cold wallet addresses
Make sure that you have access to the wallet associated to this wallet address.

WARNING: Pool rewards address xch13333333333333333333333333333333333333333 does not match any of your hot/cold wallet addresses

Good morning Bones,

Any ideas on this message

does not match any of your hot/cold wallet addresses

Morning bud.
I’ve never seen that error.
But I’d check with your pool, maybe it’s normal, as rewards would go to the pool and not an address you own.
Seems odd though that both addresses wouldn’t match, one should for you to be able to collect your .25.

Did you change anything before the error popped up?