Farmr.exe gives an error and the cmd window crashes

I saw the error this morning, so I just got finished updating all the harvesters to version 1.8.1.3 along with the farmer, so they are on the same version. I’m still farming solo and collecting coins slowly, but the last ones came April 8th. The number displayed in the error is the number under transactions that collected all the coins to date, confirmed. But I didn’t change anything before.

Is the error coming from a harvester which has no keys added?

If so I would think that is normal behavior, as the keys are not stored on that box.

All the harvester are a copy of the farmer box, I renamed the machines, ran china init on the \ca folder in a temp location and edited the config.yml file to point to the farmer. This has been working for months and the farmr.net never gave me errorsbefore.

Since were on 1.3.3 where did they put the KEYS button?

We… I’m not, I’m still on .11 waiting for bug fixes as you’re all having issues.

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: Have you every contacted GIL before???

Yes I have mentioned it in my previous comments.
All you have to do is open your config.yaml file. Find the two lines: xch_target_address. Copy your reward address in your gui and paste it over that xch address. There should be two similar lines. Than run farmr and chech the local addresses.

I have asked gil from github and discord but got no answer. I think he is busy.

I will look at my config.yaml file to see what is there.

TNX

Thought I’d try this beta 1.8.1.3 … after a while trying to get it to recognize my address code, it worked!

I don’t really see any visual differences.

And the one thing I’ve noticed needing fixing… showing any 2022 dated winning plots, has not changed.

I am glad the keys button is elsewhere because in previous versions like 1.x.x. , if I accidentally pressed keys button, the gui was freezing??!

I looked into the config.yaml file and the two xch_target_address are the same as Transaction To xchxxxxxx numbers where the coins show up with the amout rec both .25xch and the 1.75 amounts.

He used to check in on the farmr thread, but I feel maybe it’s on a back burner as costing him money for no reward.

Have you searched for the xch address you saw in farmr, in config file?

Farmr works only withe config file. It has nothing to interact with chia gui.

yes sir, the error message number (xch) is the same as in the config.yaml (my) line number 111 and line 219

I just went through all the config.yaml files in all the harvesters and both address are the same on each unit as the farmer node.

Just asking, but under the farmr-windows-x64 folder there is a config folder and should there be anything in there? Its always been empty that I can remember.

Maybe it is time to upgrade? You know very well that bugs are basically chia staples, and v1.3.1+ are on a more stable side. Take a look at the latest version distribution:

3 Likes

I should, and my good box is now sat idle as I’m not plotting
And my responses are only increasing as we move forwards.
When I get time ill do it, but 1.5 % slow is tolerable as I’m pooling.

1 Like