File Clean-up to get back more space

With all the people doing upgrades etc and running into space problems, what files can be deleted under .chia\mainnet\plotter the text files in here? The pid files under mainnet\run\ chia_plotter*.pid ? What other files are no longer needed after the plot has been created?

As best I can tell, files under .chia/mainnet/plotter that can be removed are:

• Files matching the pattern plot-*.tmp
  • Completed plot files (*.plot) that you have copied to permanent storage

The .pid files in run/ can safely be deleted if you know the Chia processes are no longer running. There shouldn’t be a need to delete these though, as Chia should update them the next time it runs.

For those who migrated their v1 blockchain database to v2, the old v1 database can be deleted once the v2 upgrade has completed and Chia has been restarted:

.chia/mainnet/db/blockchain_v1_mainnet.sqlite

I’m not quite sure how it works or what it contains, but the old v1 wallet file gets abandoned and a new v2 wallet is created and used. The old v1 wallet file can be deleted and is located at:

.chia/mainnet/wallet/db/blockchain_wallet_v1_mainnet_$ID.sqlite

My old v1 wallet was 11GB and the new v2 wallet is currently 15MB. The v1 database was 78GB and the v2 DB is now 44GB as of March 21, 2022.

Log files can also be deleted. By default, logs are located at:

.chia/mainnet/log
3 Likes

Thanks for the response, I was looking for people to jump in since there’s a bunch of folks with Raspberry PI’s and small boot drives on their machines.