Firewall settings for harvester

All machines at 1.3.0. Here’s 2 screenshots from my main machine. The GUI only shows the 1 machine as harvesting. The CLI shows all 3.

Screenshot Remote Harvester CmD Farm Status v2
The GUI used to show them all (1.2.x).

Weird, did you double check you config.yaml in the harvester section, just in case something messed with you config. And you have fixed IP’s on your famer and harvesters correct (just asking).

Yes. Else they would not even connect, without the correct main IP inserted. I am using DHCP, have my own server managing everything. Never been a problem. I will go back and triple check. Thanks for the feedback.

Ran the .\chia farm summary on node

All my servers on my network have static IP’s so their rock solid, only my user PC have DHCP, this way my naming convention and IP’s match to remote desktop to any machine. Also makes it more stable.

Need to collect more ALU cans to get more hard disks, so I can plot more.

1 Like

Because ubuntu is more light weight than windows, its also safer if you don’t run third party software.

Here is an interesting article - This Linux backdoor went undetected for 10 years | TechRadar

And you belive windows has no backdoor? Maybe you belive putin is doing military op only!

That was also what I was doing for some time. However, I switched to DHCP, and run my dhcpd server, which is enforcing basically the same thing. It is easier this way to eventually move boxes around your IP space, or block some if needed. Also, in case something goes wrong with the network, your boxes are following default DHCP settings, so you can access them easily (although, not through the “known” static IPs).