Flexpool Fee Change to 0%

We’re happy to announce that due to requests from our farmers, we’ve agreed to reduce our Chia pool fee to 0% until further notice as an extended launch promotion. We plan to keep it at 0% until we reach a meaningful pool space that will be able to provide stable and consistent rewards.

6 Likes

How are you going to cover the costs of pool operation?

Just curious if the 1% fee was based on some cost estimates or there is something else that helps sustain it.

We have a successful ETH pool.

1% fee was based on the industry standard.

On the user dashboard, you have this bug that shows the estimated earning sometimes becomes some millions or even billions. First time seeing it is kind of funny, reoccurring often is not.

Yeah we reproduced it by switching between eth to Chia and we’re trying to narrow down why. Its maddening! Refreshing fixes it.

Does the new 0% fee also count for already joined farmers or do we have to rejoin?

All, so yes no need to rejoin.

1 Like

Great, keep up your good work. I’ll stay probably forever on flexpool.io.
Also 1% fee is it worth for such a great service.

What is a meaningful netspace? 500 PB? 1 EB?

We don’t have a number yet but much more than now :joy:

Can’t speak for anyone else, but now that I’ve got my Chia miners running here, I’ve decided to migrate my ETH miners to run with you guys as well. Might be a good draw and pay for itself over time from the side channel marketing. 200MH/s coming your way after my next nanopool payout in about 10 days.

Awesome we are happy to have you :smiley:

PS: In 10 days 1559 happens and we’re unsure if Nanopool will still be around afterwards (given that they were mining the wrong chain for a day after the last smaller fork) and if they are I have no idea what they are doing with their payment system.

Just started my replotting journey, but planning on joining Flexpool. 1 plot done so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Couple of small comments.
If a worker only has a couple of plots it gets shown offline because the gap between wins is high
If a drive containing plots isn’t mounted when worker starts it doesn’t see the plots if the drive is mounted. Maybe fsnotify the path too? Not sure without code
Worker doesn’t seem to notice if a drive is lost and hangs - not sure what you can do about that
On ubuntu ARM

I can appreciate this move. This thread got bumped and I didn’t realize this was the case. I’ve been away! I’m just starting out on Chia farming and haven’t made any hard decisions. Coming from mining ETH I can appreciate being a player in that space and the credibility that comes along with that. 0% is a big deal and as you’ve put it, there will come a time when it’s reasonable to charge a fee. When you get to a certain level and it’s not dependent on a calendar date, I can appreciate that path rather than the pools that keep it a time date exclusive with low fees. Thanks for posting this and it definitely slipped under my radar until now.