Full Nodes or Wallets as peers

I have a small remote farm I could take offline for a short time and see if it makes any outbound wallet connections when it comes back online.

I could browse the source but have spent too much time in there the last few days for other reasons :smiley:

1 Like

ChiaSetup-latest-beta1-3-547-0.exe is the latest beta so I wonder when 1.3.5 will hit the store???

1 Like

I think that v1.3.5 is needed, as it looks like there are more upgrade problems with v1.3.4 than there were with 1.3.3

Nah, we are good now. It was a great exchange!!!

1 Like

Yeah I think I had some problems but ended up upgrading everything so quickly I couldn’t tell for sure.

I upgraded a network of 6 hosts; 1 node w/ no local plots & 5 remote harvesters. Everything was 1.3.3 when I upgraded the node first. Several minutes after coming back, it showed fully synced but had no harvester connections, and no log messages showing up on the node or harvesters (I tried DEBUG level).

I tried restarting the harvesters which didn’t seem to work, and restarting the node once which didn’t either. Then I started rapidly upgrading the harvesters to 1.3.4 and before too long it was seeing everything. 1.3.0 → 1.3.1 → 1.3.3 upgrades following the same course didn’t have this kind of issue.

Yup, Chia changed harvester protocol in v1.3.4 and didn’t bother to put error logs that would indicate related problems.

Long time ago, I asked on github to dump the remote version (obtained through the initial handshake), as that would help to nail down such problems. You went down the same rabbit hole with that log change.

1 Like