FYI: Network is down @ block 255108 -- Upgrade to 1.1.5 ASAP

Lots of reports that people have lost sync. Just throwing the notice that the network IS stopped. Chiaexplorer also reports the last block being 255108 https://www.chiaexplorer.com/blockchain/blocks

Here is the response from a developer.

Note that release 1.1.5 is now out and has the fix so install it ASAP – https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/INSTALL

Update: VERY important to update to 1.1.5:

8 Likes

Update: Devs are aware and are looking into it. Acknowledgement happened on their KeyBase chat

4 Likes

Sifting through Keybase is beyond my ability. Did they say how’s that even possible?

Can I continue plotting without Sync? Or is Sync essential for plotting?

You can plot without syncing. You can also plot 100% offline.

2 Likes

Not yet, Keybase is crashing now due to everyone commenting.

1 Like

You can even plot on a machine that’s not connected to the internet at all.

I’m calling it 25SLOB ← great take on Keybase by @roybot! :joy:

1 Like

My official unofficial explanation: Bram tripped on an ethernet cable and disconnected something. (Did you know Chia is run from Bram’s Comcast router?)

3 Likes

If this is a 51% attack (via hpool) how does a blockchain recover without forking into a new one?

1 Like

I’m synced to 255111 now so it was just momentary. But I’m curious about causes nonetheless.

Bram reconnected the cable. We are now past 255108

1 Like

Yeah but if this is a 51% attack, by whose consensus are we now moving?

1 Like

synced but stuck @255113 now.

I’m at 255114. How do you know you are stuck?

it was staying at 113 and not showing any block for minutes but now i am at 116. and i am checking my logs that i am not attending any challenges in more than 100 secs.

I recommend you below tool which sends me challange issues via telegram. maybe you are already using.

Back to hard down, not syncing

Solution (?) is in a branch on GitHub. Up to you if you want to upgrade now or wait for a patch release to the ‘latest’ branch.

Still not stable for me after switching.

Oh, I didn’t see that as a solution. I saw it as getting support from the network to figure out what the problem is.

Solution might have been too optimistic. I switched and am still getting syncing issues.