Got 0.25 XCH instead 2 XCH

It is Foxypool.

Worldstream is my account.

But as you see here I left pool 14 days ago

So I left 14 days ago and won a block 9 days ago. I have no idea how could they took a reward as I did following:

• Stopped Chia
  • Cleaned config from added Foxypool strings
  • Removed Foxypool chia Software (literally deleted)
  • Installed fresh official Chia Software (got 1.1.8.dev0)
  • Started Chia

So I wrote E-Mail to Foxypool, we’ll see how it will be.

As I said here, you haven’t changed the xch_target_address under pool section to your own receive address.
Foxy-pool client does set this by it’s own and it’s not sufficient to only remove the manually set (and removed after leaving) pool_url and pool_payout_address from the farmer section.

Probably the foxy-pool operator will give you your farmer reward of 1.75 XCH back, but I don’t think this will happen.

I assumed that installing official software on the top, will overwrite all modified files.

No, but on some commands, especially ‘chia init’, which should be done after every update, you get a warning printed that your target_reward_address isn’t related to your private keys.

May be… But still … It should not be like that.

What? If you reinstall chia it should wipe the whole config file?
This is nothing that anyone wants…, it’s only you.

I think your right, it shouldn’t do that if you uninstalled chia, but you did not say you did that.
Removing the chia folders does not remove the whole program.

But I have installed original Chia on top. The point is I did everything what obviously needs to be done. In other words, I did everything right.
First I installed following instruction, then uninstalled, following instruction backwards. Which on its own should be enough. But to eliminate hidden changes I installed official software again.
How could I know that something else is needed?

if i may jump in…
in linux any chia config file won’t deleted after -remove and -purge it still there so when you install new it still using the old config file

I removed all string I added in config.
Who could know, that some stings you add according instruction, and some are silently modified?

Nobody can know that, because it is not mentioned anywhere in the docs. This fact also annoys me, even though I am not affected. Probably the foxy-pool team should add a section in there docs how to leave the pool.

1 Like

Thanks to point me out. I only got 1.75 txch, not 2 txch. Turns out it is sent to previous wallet address in pool section of config.yaml

Foxypool refused to return my 1,75 XCH with no good reason. The guy I was talking to was generally not that nice. He understands, that it is my amount, but kind of f*** off.
I have expected more mature respond, I must say.

Weird was it felix? He seems like a decent guy to me. Not sure who the other admins are, seems like Foxy is mostly him.

Yes, it was Felix. What he said felt not supportive at all. Here is example: "Dude are you for real? i didnt take your reward, you missed to change back your pool reward target, nothing i or anyone else can do about that. Please educate yourself on how farming in chia works. "

You get honest and dishonest ppl unfortunaty.
Back in earlier btc days I was mining with asicminer, someone sent a 200btc transaction fee, friedcat knew it was a mistake so returned them minus the appropriate fee, if only all ppl in life were like this.

1 Like

How about creating a reddit post?
It seems to me that this guy will be more talkative on a public resource, because he has a certain reputation.
It seems to me that this is a really non-obvious thing.
On the other hand, I can see that the documentation has been updated with an instruction to clean up the “xch_target_address”…
It’s a pity that it happened.

The problem I think is that the pool doesn’t know who the reward came from, they just get a bunch of rewards from different addresses and divide them to the participants. ( I guess that they could check this, but that is a lot of work to prevent user mistakes)
If someone then wants their XCH back a week later, they basically have to pay that from their own pocket for a mistake a participant made because the reward has already been paid to the other participants.

I’m sorry to say, but using third party software is at your own risk and there have been many warnings about the systems and methods OG pools where using.

Could they have done better to warn users about this? Yes and they should have, but that still doesn’t mean it’s their fault or that they have an obligation to pay users back for this. It sucks I I can understand the frustration about it but I’m afraid there is little else to do than politely ask them (publicly ) and hope they are feeling generous.

The only way to clean your system, is to clean your system. Format OS drive and reinstall the OS.

I have had this today and I also did not have any pools running as I just wanted to let it ride with the plots I had.

Now I set my server to pay directly to gateio exchange, I can see there is two payments made to the address but only one received (the 0.25 one).

I have now raised a ticket with gateio as think the issue is with them…fingers crossed it is recovered and added to my exchange account.

Oh and Chia explorer shows two payments to the same wallet address, I hope this is resolved, could do with the money this month :slight_smile:

I think you need to claim the 1.75 XCH block reward if you won with a solo farming NFT plot. Check chia GUI under pools tab and see if there are any unclaimed rewards for your NFT.

1 Like