GUI plot Settings/ Plot

Hey everybody! Nice to see so many people excited about this. Good luck to yall, hopefully we’ll have the pools ready soon.

I’ve been working with scrap hardware these last couple weeks. I’m a student so I don’t have a lot of money to waste, and I have a good 2-3 plot/day/device rate. I have not tried parallel yet. I didn’t think it would be worth it, but with the (I guess the last one?) update it may be worth a try. There’s only one thing that confuses me… the GUI.

I do not have the capacity to plot more then 2 in parallel/device at this time, so understanding how to do it via cli will cost me time I don’t really have right now. So, quick question:

When I start the new plots with the GUI (let’s say a count of 2) and select the preferences ( say 4GB RAM & 2T ) , do these represent the resources allocated to each plot, or allocated in general? I know, kind of a stupid question. I have not been able to find the answer anywhere. Guess it is trivial for most people? I would lose a lot of time benching, thus, I would really appreciate a quick reply.

Thank you guys. I think this thing could become really fun really soon. Peace