Harvester network disappearing

In some bug discussion in git, one of the main developers mentioned that the version might be very old if it still uses aiter. So, perhaps that could be related to your case.

I believe, I am using the latest version of Chia. After googling your logs, it turned out that for the past few months every now and then someone has faced this same problem, and no one has ever provided a clear explanation or solution for it.

Some discussions were proposing also that a broken plot could be behind this. Some mentioned upnp.

However, none of these explains my issues, I believe - as long as I sit on my computer, everything seems to be working fine. So, I have started to assume that once my screen goes off (15 or 30 mins without usage), perhaps something else goes also into a power saving mode, which perhaps causes the external HDD to go to sleep (I’ve heard that some HDD’s have their own software inside them that doesn’t listen to Windows’ settings), and this would lead to the shutting down of the harvester.

I also noticed that my system makes regularly checks for new plots, and last time the crash might had happened while adding these plots into the farming. So, not sure if there are some issues there - if I’m following the process from the GUI, everything works just fine.

Quite a sad issue. I started plotting my harvesting “power” and noticed that over half of the time (nights and daytimes while I’m working), the harvester is often off, and I end up farming only less than 50 % of the day. This, obviously, eats quite a bit of my profits away while still my node is running just fine. :confused:

1 Like