Harvester network disappearing

I am still having this problem but found a few fixes for it:

1. It happens less now that I have increased my RAM from 16 GB to 32 GB (or could be just updating the latest version, who knows)
  2. I downloaded Process Lasso (google it). With it I can force re-start the app whenever and however I want. I’ve used it mainly with hpool (same issue there), but I have considered that perhaps it could also be used in Chia GUI to automatically restart the system time to time. Or perhaps creating a script that tries to start the harvester every now and then could also help.

I even bought a separate farming PC that does nothing else but farms, but with a very low performance, it keeps shutting down even more often than just running farming on my plotting PCs, which led me to give up on that concept.

1 Like

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem?
It’s happening to me.
I am on version 1.2.11 currently.

Your running a farmer and harvester on the same PC correct I have a couple of nodes that I let sync up once in awhile, but use them mostly to harvest and point the my main machine.

No, I have the farmer as a stand-alone machine (does nothing but farms).
Then two harvesters. 1 Window, 1 Linux.
The Linux one never stays connected more than a few thousand KB’s before it disappears and reconnects a few mins later.

Are you running the GUI with the farmer or start it on cmd line?

I’ve been dealing with the same thing for a few days now. This all of the sudden started occuring when one of my pools siezed operations. When Chia starts, it A, cannot connecto to the pool URL, and B, my harvesters appear and dissapear from my node section. I can’t get any sync movement at all.

Yea, running the GUI version of the farmer.
I feel like it is something with the Linux harvester, as the windows version stays connected without any problems, or it’s something about the order. The Linux harvester is always in second place before of the disconnects.

I’ll be trying some different things today to see if I can get this to come back online. I am also on the Windows GUI. It’s been running strong for a while, but i was in a pool that stopped operations, and I never changed the pool before it went down and of course it cannot connect to it any longer. I’m thinking when Chia launches, it tries to connect to the pool first, then starts syncing via the Nodes listed for connections. My nodes display 3 then 1 dissapears then comes back all while your watching the screen. I performed a DB dump and now can’t even get the application to launch. I’m going to play with it a little longer then re-install CHIA and see where this goes. let me know if ya’ll find anything out. Thanks all!

Updating status here. I rolled back a backup of my config.yaml, added 8 more GB of RAM and Chia finally started and was able to connect to my wallet. Only thing now is it starts syncing and after a while goes to a NOT SYNC state. This is really pissing me off. Time to reboot and launch as Admin again. Fingers crossed!

Common problem with .11.
Connected but just stops syncing till reboot.

Reboot is not helping. Seems to go a little further syncing then goes into Not Sync’d state again. I’m going to wipe my mainnet folder contents and hope it solves itself before re-installing. Will post back later. Thanks!

So far going strong downloading the Node! 700K Height and counting!

I added a few more introducers to help. We shall see.

Finally Resolved!

The node never synced. What I finally ended up doing was obtain a full Bootstrap of the Full Chia Blockchain, and replaced it with my SQLite file in the DB folder. After a restart of Chia, there were about 20k Nodes to be synced and then everything was fine.